Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a good deal for Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking for a MYP for my mother-in-law and came across one for $65k w/FSD (before taxes/fees). It's a 2020 with March build date, and has full P package including brakes, 21", boost, and spoiler. It seems like a good deal, but wanted some opinions given the build date. It seems to have the lumbar support and radar, but don't think it has the dual pane and heat pump?

All of that is what the performance package is supposed to have. Personally if it was for my MIL i would look for a long range y 2021 model. It would have like you mentioned the dual pane window and also upgraded interior. Better ride quality and tad bit longer range.
If you can get an early build(February-May) it should have the passenger lumbar and radar. And if you want you could get the Acceleration Boost upgrade.

Reactions: MY-user
Upvote 0
Soo, taking some advice from here. I found one 2021 Y AWD w/FSD for $64K, black int/white ext and no other mods. I think this is a good deal, and would work for my MIL. Thoughts?

With FSD? Seems like a great deal but unsure about mileage or issues.

Current auction numbers for MYLR are around $67K+ so... you are getting a great deal with FSD. What is the CarFax? Accidents? I know somebody personally who had to sell their Model Y because of the ear pressure/pain issue. It might have rattles... nobody knows with used and Tesla's QC while good... still produces some lemons.

Upvote 0
As far as buying used a Sept '21 Performance Model Y, with less than 5k miles is still pretty much a new car. With no federal tax credit, at this time, there is no incentive to only buy new from Tesla. The balance of the 48 month new vehicle warranty would still be active plus the 8 year/120 k mile battery warranty. If purchased from a major used vehicle chain such as CarMax you have the added protection of a 30 day return policy. (Tesla no longer has a return policy.)

Upvote 0
Is FSD worth that much to you? I got my new MYP, 2022 model year, for just a hair over that. Sure, no FSD but it’s a new car with full warranty. I’ll never understand people paying new prices for used cars.
@nutterbutter

I agree with @torifile. Unless it's substantially less, why not just get a new MYP at $65K vs used MYP.

And if MIL qualifies for $4.5K CVRP rebate - Sales Tax is about awash.

Upvote 0