Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a Performance or Long Range 2018 M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy all,

not to beat a dead horse but….. If the car has P3D on the trunk is it the performance model or not? I didn’t see a red line under the name on the screen. Kinda confused…. I know decals can be faked.

Howdy all,

not to beat a dead horse but….. If the car has P3D on the trunk is it the performance model or not? I didn’t see a red line under the name on the screen. Kinda confused…. I know decals can be faked.
If there is a “P3D” emblem on the trunk, then it has an aftermarket emblem. I know…I have one. 😁

F83FE2F2-AEA8-4373-A41B-58BCFAAFFBC0.jpeg

Reactions: TBrownTX
Howdy all,

ANY trunk emblems on teslas mean less than nothing, because you can easily buy just about any emblem and put it on there. Even the official emblem on the trunk doesnt mean anything, and should be ignored as far as what version the car is. The only thing that can be trusted is whats on the screen.

To answer the specific question, although its already been answered, there is no such thing as a P3D or P3D+ or Minus from tesla, so any emblem saying anything like that is aftermarket, as mentioned. Many of them look nice, like the one @Black306 shows on their car, but someone could easily put that on a Standard range tesla if they wanted to.