Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a PW2 coolant leak?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having my second PW2 installed right now. After the wrapper came off, saw a few dents & scratches on the front panel. From the picture, can't see the depth of the dent, just the scrape. Also note scrape on bottom right corner. There's a few others.

More concerning is a sticky or oily liquid on the bottom left corner. Could that be a coolant leak given the apparent rough handling?

Installer leans towards the very light rain when moving into house. Too sticky/oily to be water.

Is this coolant? If so, what to do? Thanks.

Attachments

• 20231024_092615.jpg
    20231024_092615.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 127
Coolant would have a distinct color, usually blue from what I've seen in other pictures.

That unit looks pretty beat up, hope you got a discount :)

Wow, yeah it does.

I dont know enough to know about the coolant, except to agree that from pictures I have seen it be blue in color but not experienced coolant leaks myself. If It was me and I was paying for a new one, I would not let the installer install that, though. Im too picky for that.

Reactions: Matt-FL
Liquid was clear and doesn't seem to re-appear after wiping off. We'll see.

No viable option on rejecting unit. I've been waiting 4 years and wouldn't be able to get a replacement before rebate expires Oct 31. I'll see if I can get a discount.

Took two techs 2.5 hours to install second PW. That makes the man hour labor cost pretty high.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
That looks like damage to the unit after it was removed from the crate. If your installer didn't make comments about sorting out this damage, then I'd look closely at all of their other work for shortcuts and poor quality install work.

If you got a 'too bad' comment, then they may as well be in used car sales.