Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this actually Ludicrous?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictures 1 and 2 are what I believe indicate a real deal P90DL, based on reading things in TMC. Screenshots are a little blurry sorry, but both of them have an Underline. Can someone verify that if both the Software page has an Underline (pic 1) and the trunk badge has an Underline (pic 2) that together those mean it is Ludicrous?
1704558510500.png

1704558561230.png

Onto the question: If the Software page has an Underline (pic 3), but the trunk badge does not have the Underline (pic 4), is this particular car Ludicrous? If not, then what is it?
1704557727990.png

1704558832816.png

Attachments

• 1704558499666.png
    1704558499666.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 24
Not in a private sale.
I'm buying this from a dealer. It's a single owner car, but the dealer got the car at auction. Reading around the forum, it sounds like a dealer could purchase from a Tesla auction, but that is not verified. This dealer mentioned Manheim, although I don't think he remembers exactly as he has several 90Ds on his list.

So let's assume the worst case, which is the car was traded to Tesla.

Should I have a concern about the Ludicrous magically falling off upon registration?

I'm buying this from a dealer. It's a single owner car, but the dealer got the car at auction. Reading around the forum, it sounds like a dealer could purchase from a Tesla auction, but that is not verified. This dealer mentioned Manheim, although I don't think he remembers exactly as he has several 90Ds on his list.

So let's assume the worst case, which is the car was traded to Tesla.

Should I have a concern about the Ludicrous magically falling off upon registration?

Just be aware Tesla will strip the SC0 (FUSC) once they see it passed through a dealer or an auction. SC0 only survives private sales. That's assuming it wasn't already transferred by the previous owner anyways to a new Tesla with their FUSC transfer promotion that they've never done before until the end of last year.

so this part is news: "once they see it passed through a dealer or an auction"

I thought only if it is a lease return, or trade, to Tesla. Meaning, if the car w/ FUSC was traded at a dealer, SC01 remains. Or so I understand.

so are you certain that FUSC will be removed if it passes thru a dealer (even if the car was not somehow returned to Tesla)?

so this part is news: "once they see it passed through a dealer or an auction"

I thought only if it is a lease return, or trade, to Tesla. Meaning, if the car w/ FUSC was traded at a dealer, SC01 remains. Or so I understand.

so are you certain that FUSC will be removed if it passes thru a dealer (even if the car was not somehow returned to Tesla)?
Dozens of threads like this where the buyer claims Tesla never had possession.
There are numerous explanations as to how this happens despite the appearance that the vehicles never passed through Tesla ownership. One explanation is that Tesla's traded into Tesla with SC01 are auctioned off to a dealer and the carfax history doesn't show that Tesla temporarily had possession of it. The other problem is that Tesla is often delayed in removing SC01 for a qualifying change in ownership for up to a year. There are threads where SC01 was removed more than a year after the current owner bought it. The only way to really be sure is to buy it from the original owner and have them show you SC01 by right clicking on the image in the account on a web browser and copying the image URL which will include the option codes.

Dozens of threads like this where the buyer claims Tesla never had possession.
There are numerous explanations as to how this happens despite the appearance that the vehicles never passed through Tesla ownership. One explanation is that Tesla's traded into Tesla with SC01 are auctioned off to a dealer and the carfax history doesn't show that Tesla temporarily had possession of it. The other problem is that Tesla is often delayed in removing SC01 for a qualifying change in ownership for up to a year. There are threads where SC01 was removed more than a year after the current owner bought it. The only way to really be sure is to buy it from the original owner and have them show you SC01 by right clicking on the image in the account on a web browser and copying the image URL which will include the option codes.

here's a case - a Toyota dealer gets a Tesla in on a trade, 1 owner. they clean up the car, and sell it used. never passed thru Tesla's possession. would you expect the FUSC to pass to the new owner?

same question, but going thru a used car lot where it's not a [brand XYZ] dealership, and never thru Tesla's possession. would you expect the FUSC to pass to the new owner?