Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this alignment issue worth fixing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
This is my 2023 Model X Plaid delivered last week. I noticed today that from the back this place is obviously misaligned.
I am wondering if this issue is worth submitting a Service Ticket ? Do you guys have similar issues?
Thanks

image (2).png

1678651369610.png
1678651729313.png

Last edited:
I'd open and close the door a few times under differing conditions before even considering talking to service. If it doesn't consistently close that way under differing conditions, I wouldn't count on them being able to do a lot about it. Even if it does, seen a few complaints about attempts to fix issues like that making things worse, too, so I might even ignore it unless it was causing wind noise or allowing water intrusion. That having been said, it will probably be rubbing somewhere on the jamb and evenually wear all the paint off, but I'm not sure how big of a deal that is, either.

• Disagree
Reactions: jdr93 and Flux Xu
Update:

Submitted a service appointment on Friday (at 6:45AM😓)
SA asked for more photos and gave an Estimate saying they will replace the REAR QUARTER GLASS, LEFT HAND
Wish me luck!
You're concerned about the top metal edge of the door not aligning with the top metal edge of the body, correct? I don't imagine glass replacement will have an impact there. I wonder if they see something wrong with the glass hat we don't or if that doen't need to happen. Could just be a placeholder for the estimate, but I think they have an "other" option, so i'm not sure why they'd put that instead. I suppose it could be just in case whatever can be done to adjust that might cause glass damage...

Looks like poor assembly from the folks in Fremont CA as usual. They need to move production elsewhere. 6-7 years of production there and still alot of issues with alignment. My Model 3's and Y never had such alignment problem as this. Check your passenger side to see if its off and set inwards. If it is, they will have to unbolt your trunk lid and shift it a mm or 2 to align it.

As others have said, other problems may arise from this. My 22 MXP had all sorts of body alignment problems. When the SC does it, you need to inspect it on your own when you pick it up or when you bring it home that THEY SECURE ALL THE FASTENERS they loosened to adjust.

I didnt ask to adjust the hood, but i just found this on my passenger side hood. i noticed when i popped open the frunk, it would jangle around. I ended up torqueing it down myself. My 12 months of ownership of the MXP has been like this.

20230317_111634.jpg

Thank you all for the replies. Update:

The appointment has been rescheduled to 3/31 6:15 AM because of the lack of parts.
Found another interior issue and updated the service request, and they want me to pay for the "interior adjustment"
When I asked them why I needed to pay, they changed it to "Goodwill".
I guess I should go buy some tools and get ready to solve the next problems myself:D

Update: arrived at the service center at Vaughan, Canada. Adviser said there may not be much that can be done about this issue and he will confirm with the technician. Turns out they do have a waiting area.

Attachments

• CB6D0E3B-F1B7-4F59-83E3-21548D7645C6.jpeg
    CB6D0E3B-F1B7-4F59-83E3-21548D7645C6.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 734DBB4A-90D1-4555-9697-9BA939ACEFC8.jpeg
    734DBB4A-90D1-4555-9697-9BA939ACEFC8.jpeg
    508.1 KB · Views: 46
Update: They cannot do anything about it.I also asked about this gap here, they said it’s normal. I checked several Model Xs in the parking lot and can confirm they all have the same gap.
The bottom line: My car is not getting any worse😂

Attachments

• 358AF4A7-5910-4062-83E2-5211994BD6C9.jpeg
    358AF4A7-5910-4062-83E2-5211994BD6C9.jpeg
    337.7 KB · Views: 52