Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this normal? Tesla wants to charge a fee if they cannot find the problem I described...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my front seat occasionally makes a squeal as it slides back (on auto) - it happens 1 in 50 times and I can't reproduce it. I created a service request and later got a call and they advised me that if they can't reproduce the problem I have to pay a $175 service fee (despite vehicle being under warrant). Is this normal? Do other dealers do that? I've never experienced that before. Thanks.

So my front seat occasionally makes a squeal as it slides back (on auto) - it happens 1 in 50 times and I can't reproduce it. I created a service request and later got a call and they advised me that if they can't reproduce the problem I have to pay a $175 service fee (despite vehicle being under warrant). Is this normal? Do other dealers do that? I've never experienced that before. Thanks.

I think that's pretty much standard for a diagnosis fee. They would waive the diagnosis fee if they need to do a repair.

That's the problem with intermittent issues. It would be bad luck that when it's time for diagnosis and the intermittent issue refuses to show up!