Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this preowned a good deal or should I hold out for a P100D with APHW2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got back my deposits on the P90D. I decided to wait until I can get either a P90D or P100D with enhanced autopilot.

Given the discussion and research I did, I am still convinced that buying a new P100D is a waste of time. They seem to depreciate by $35-40k the moment you drive off the lot given the $160k price tag for one with premium and enhanced autopilot.

I'm seeing used P100D cars around $120-125k. Not with enhanced autopilot and my preferred color combination. So I am going to wait.

Shouldn't be a massive wait since there are used 90D and 75D crash with enhanced autopilot already on Tesla.com and they are pretty cheap.

I got back my deposits on the P90D. I decided to wait until I can get either a P90D or P100D with enhanced autopilot.

Given the discussion and research I did, I am still convinced that buying a new P100D is a waste of time. They seem to depreciate by $35-40k the moment you drive off the lot given the $160k price tag for one with premium and enhanced autopilot.

I'm seeing used P100D cars around $120-125k. Not with enhanced autopilot and my preferred color combination. So I am going to wait.

Shouldn't be a massive wait since there are used 90D and 75D crash with enhanced autopilot already on Tesla.com and they are pretty cheap.

I think waiting to get what you want is a smart move.

I'm also wondering why you want the P? If cost saving and depreciation is a major concern, as it appears to be, I'd argue that the P is not a purchase you'll be happy with. Find a loaded 100D that has autopilot 2 with your colors and pull the trigger.

You know you can get EAP added to any existing car for 6K? It's 5K if you are ordering new (not sure about CPO) but if you find one you like, Tesla can turn it on.