Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this the Apple electric car to compete with the Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Apple car will be extremely thin and a single charge will only make it through one day for an average user...

Just a side note: In my home, we've got two macs, three iphones, ipod, ipad, two apple watches and a new apple TV, and all of my smart devices are homekit ready. I LOVE Apple products, but sorry, I'll keep my two Model 3 orders. I just don't see Apple making a great car. It might be a good around town car, but they're more about usability than performance across their product line. I don't see Apple developing a car that does 0-60 in < 3 seconds with something called ludicrous mode just because they can. I want my car to be fun.

What I WOULD like to see is Apple helping develop the user interface for Tesla and integrating iPhone connectivity like CarPlay. I recently installed a carplay stereo in my wife's car, and despite the bugginess due to it being made by a car stereo manufacturer, it's leaps and bounds above any factory car stereo, and all of the native iphone integration is really nice.

Reactions: Drivin
T

What I WOULD like to see is Apple helping develop the user interface for Tesla and integrating iPhone connectivity like CarPlay. I recently installed a carplay stereo in my wife's car, and despite the bugginess due to it being made by a car stereo manufacturer, it's leaps and bounds above any factory car stereo, and all of the native iphone integration is really nice.

Hard to imagine that they would actually produce a car.

It seems more reasonable that they are building the information/entertainment infrastructure as you suggested, and perhaps are "building" cars more as demonstrations of new capabilities and ideas as opposed to them actually eventually producing that car. Sort of an "okay Mr. Car Expert, start from scratch, how would you build a car around the idea of the 'perfect' or 'it just works' information/entertainment system". What would you want Siri to do?