Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 loose wire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 standard range Tesla received a bump to front bumper which pulled it away from mounts. I have replaced the bumper and bumper wiring loom. But I’ve only just noticed that a connection is missing from the main wiring loom on the front drivers side very near where the bumper wiring loom connects to main loom.

The broken cable only has a white and grey cable which can be seen in the photo.

Can anyone identify what the cable connect too? Which may allow me to fix the loom without removing the entire wiring loom from car?

Thank you for your advice and time

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20240129_211143_Studio.jpeg
    SmartSelect_20240129_211143_Studio.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 30
  • SmartSelect_20240129_211254_Studio.jpeg
    SmartSelect_20240129_211254_Studio.jpeg
    521.2 KB · Views: 22
  • SmartSelect_20240129_214200_Gallery.jpeg
    SmartSelect_20240129_214200_Gallery.jpeg
    870.1 KB · Views: 23
  • SmartSelect_20240129_214219_Gallery.jpeg
    SmartSelect_20240129_214219_Gallery.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 20
  • SmartSelect_20240129_214318_Gallery.jpeg
    SmartSelect_20240129_214318_Gallery.jpeg
    375 KB · Views: 24
I don't know, but the kink in the middle might offer a clue. Possibly it was connected to the body or a support structure here with some sort of cable tie. The old bumper might also have a rubbed clean spot on it where the cable was attached. The old bumper could also have a two wire connector on it with missing wires. Gotta be a bit of a Sherlock Holmes.

Upvote 0
I don't know, but the kink in the middle might offer a clue. Possibly it was connected to the body or a support structure here with some sort of cable tie. The old bumper might also have a rubbed clean spot on it where the cable was attached. The old bumper could also have a two wire connector on it with missing wires. Gotta be a bit of a Sherlock Holmes.
Thank you. Sadly not connected to bumper. So I’ll keep searching. Hopefully someone on this group may have a bumper removed to take another image of theirs.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
My Model 3 standard range Tesla received a bump to front bumper which pulled it away from mounts. I have replaced the bumper and bumper wiring loom. But I’ve only just noticed that a connection is missing from the main wiring loom on the front drivers side very near where the bumper wiring loom connects to main loom.

The broken cable only has a white and grey cable which can be seen in the photo.

Can anyone identify what the cable connect too? Which may allow me to fix the loom without removing the entire wiring loom from car?

Thank you for your advice and time
Did you have the repair done by a shop? If that is the case, they should be responsible for completing this repair. That is just one man’s opinion.

Upvote 0