Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is Twitter going to distract Elon from Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently Elon didn't have enough on his plate as it was. Will Elon's role as Chief Twit draw his focus away from Tesla, SpaceX, and his other ventures? We share our thoughts on his acquisition of Twitter and what it means for Tesla.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

This is a clip from Tesla Motors Club Podcast #25. The full podcast video is available here:
https://youtu.be/z-91WnZSOV4

• Helpful
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Perhaps a bit more in the near term but Musk has long had other "distractions" including SpaceX, Starlink, Boring Company, etc.

Twitter was a "distraction" for him even before he bought it. The guy sure likes to tweet! 😄

I can show you several dozen Elon tweets about his current crusade to support his tribal political causes on Twitter.

Show me ANYTHING from him about Tesla, Space-X, Boring or any of his core missions.

I was looking for any sign of him actually putting an ounce of effort into his core companies "from HIM" - not retweets

Whether tweeting or retweeting, Musk often promotes news and activities about Tesla, SpaceX, etc. from this Twitter account which has over 121 million followers. There is no need for Musk to always be the original source when each company is actively tweeting information on its own. Twitter is a new acquisition for him and getting more attention right now but even before the takeover, Musk would more often retweet (rather than tweet) news and activities about Tesla, SpaceX, etc.

Not currently.

Also do you do anything else? You reacted to the post literally one millisecond after I posted. 🤣
Good observation. I´m witnessing the same. No matter the time. And we are minimum 6-9 hourse AHEAD.
There´s someone, or his team sitting behind the screen toujours, all the time, stating one line catchphrase comments and handing out thumbs down "en masse".
EAC do You ever sleep? ;)
And why is Your profile limited?

But BTT-
I would love to see a comparison, how much Elon posted Tesla related before and after the Twitter drama, my gut feeling is 80-90% less Tesla relevant news since then.

There comes a time in the evolution of every new high tech company for early leadership to move on to more new ventures. This allows a newer kind of leadership to take the helm. The kind of folks with experience leading large mature companies. I have seen this repeatedly up close and personal during my time in Silicon Valley. Tesla is doing fine as a company, it past time for Elon to move on by separating any connection with Tesla management. Knowledgable analysts like Dan Ives and Ross Gerber have more or less said so. And Elon just might be starting to think this way. He brought that guy from China over to Austin recently, and of course, there are many senior managers at Tesla that can run things just fine. I wish the Board of Directors would take action along these lines, BUT since Elon, and his brother and one of the Murdochs are on the board i am not too optimistic the board will do that smart thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.