Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue adding Model Y to Esurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for any help/advice. I have Esurance, add the model Y I'm about to take delivery on, but the Tesla app won't accept any of the 5 digit NAIC numbers provided. Tried several for Esurance that I found and several for the parent company Allstate. I can't be the only one with Esurance. Can barely find anything about this from searching either.
I suppose trying to call Tesla is the answer? Sounds painful though.

Esurance is a sub-brand of Allstate

I can't help on the actual question though - it sounds like they changed the delivery process in the last 5 years since I took delivery. Back then, it was just upload a copy (picture) of your insurance card for your current vehicle to prove coverage for the newly purchased vehicle.

Reactions: fholbert
Upvote 0
Esurance = EV Insurance?
Esurance is an insurance company. I have two other vehicles with them.
Esurance is a sub-brand of Allstate

I can't help on the actual question though - it sounds like they changed the delivery process in the last 5 years since I took delivery. Back then, it was just upload a copy (picture) of your insurance card for your current vehicle to prove coverage for the newly purchased vehicle.
Yes, I have an insurance card for it. The app now asks for a 5 digit company code, a NAIC number. Can't get past this stage. Pretty unbelievable really.

Upvote 0