Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Lane Departure Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got Our 1st MX 2 weeks ago and it is awesome. Gowever I have one issue I think. I have several other cars with Lane Departure Warning systems and when the steering wheel vibrates it is obvious. I have the feature turned on and I have purposely driven over road markers at speeds over 40mph and I don’t appreciate any viberation of the steering wheel. How obvious it
Is it? Has anyone else experienced a problem with their Lane Departure Warning?

Just got Our 1st MX 2 weeks ago and it is awesome. Gowever I have one issue I think. I have several other cars with Lane Departure Warning systems and when the steering wheel vibrates it is obvious. I have the feature turned on and I have purposely driven over road markers at speeds over 40mph and I don’t appreciate any viberation of the steering wheel. How obvious it
I have a 2015 Model S. I don’t feel the wheel vibrate, but I do hear a buzz which presumably is made by the wheel vibrating.

It has always been entirely imperceptible to me @ 70mph on the motorway, and badly needs an acoustic tone when activated. However, I think the upcoming LDA/ELDA (active steering [Emergency] Lane Departure Assist) will solve this problem once released for S/X, as it already is for M3.

It is poor implementation of the warning. There was times I forgot I had it selected. Then I'm thinking my suspension was going bad. It is so, subtle, it feels like their is something wrong with the car rather than an obvious warning. I have left it off for the last three years. I use AP pretty extensively on all roads. So, it keeps me between the lines.