Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue with Map, Energy app and Trip computer, MCU dying soon?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
recently I start to experience issues with my maps on the center screen.

it refuses to load unless I connect Wifi or hotspot on my phone

However, music streaming, location searching and route guidance are all fine.

Also,

Energy app is not working, each mcu reset will reset the recent 50km trip energy usage.
And...
It records about 5km then stuck at flat line

Moreover,

Trip computer has stopped working.
After I reset trip a and b to zero, it stuck at 0 and not increasing.
It stops tracking trips and energy usage after last charge as well

Of course, I tried every reset technique except disconnecting 12v as I don’t want to recalibrate falcon wing doors

Called customer service and only thing they can do is to teach me how to reset...
Service center said everything is software bug and it will be fixed by the next software update
and... I stop believing that as it’s an issue since 2019 firmwares... what a lazy staff and not even reading logs before answering my questions.

2017 Dec Model X MCU1 with AP2.5 with 60k km of mileage , 2019.16.2

Issue Pic here
Energy not working

Any ideas?

Had similar problems with 2019.16.2, which kept glitching with issues not exactly like yours but similar. My X is a Oct 2017 MCU1 with AP2.5 and after reading another complaint thread here about 2019.16.2 was able to fix it by performing a Factory Reset! Go to Service menu and button “Factory Reset” and enter Tesla credentials. All your settings will be wiped and car reset to factory default. You’ll have to redo all settings and HomeLink etc, but now car is back to normal and got pushed 2019.20.1 which has been stable. Good luck!

Also on 16.2, had issues with energy monitor and sentry mode/Tesla cam not working. So with recommendations by others I did the factory reset and everything good now. Unfortunately you have to redo all the setting but like my laptop computer at home, sometimes a good factory reset makes everything feel like brand new again:D.

Supposedly 16.3 might fix without reset but haven't seen the update yet. Good luck!