Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues/bugs in 3 days...much to learn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still love the car but certainly starting to understand the software bugs in the system. 2020 MSP FSD 21"

To date, here is my list:
  1. Lack of Premium connectivity after picking up car. Seems to have resolved itself on its own. Perhaps a Tesla Server Activation issue
  2. Lost SXM capability more than once. Wheel Reset or Power Off seems to resolve
  3. GPS frozen in previous location and would not update. This prevented navigation and all Autopilot lane keeping etc...Tried all sorts of resets (wheel, Power off etc...) nothing worked. My son recommended to do a steering wheel reset while driving and that shook it loose. Tesla support suggested the resets and finally said to set up an appointment. Kudos to my 16yo son.
  4. "dashcam" recording would disappear sporadically. Tried everything including sd card reformat, resets etc... to no avail. Again my 16yo to the rescue and he recommended to switch USB ports and it seems to have shaken it loose. Just moved the wireless charger to the other USB. Ill see how it handles tomorrow.
  5. Tesla support informed me that the car had a failed software update (couple of days before I picked it up) to 2020.8 (am on 2020.4) and also indicated that he "saw" a mic pickup problem (although it seems to be working) for voice commands.
More to come. Love the car but it is an adjustment to treat it as a mainly software platform. I know "first world problems".

J

I also had massive problems with GPS getting stuck when i first picked the car up.
Had to take it to service center three times to get it resetted. (this was back when MCU2 had no steering wheel reset).

I can say it did resolve after time and i do not have this issue. I assume yours will probably resolve itself out after some time.

SXM on a tesla is MEH... I would recommend u ditching SXM, and going Spotify if the free Tunein is not cutting it for you.

USB drives, i realized have issues when its about 90% full.
This is why most people recommend you to go High Endurance SD cards with USB adapter, or just go all out and get a USB SSD or you can one plus that with a USB nVME drive. (MCU2 Only)

I use:
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500G...s=evo+970&qid=1584509356&s=electronics&sr=1-5
+
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QWC4T6...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Format it with: Fat32 Formatter (the best FAT32 Formatter for drives > 32GB)
Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

And you got yourself a bullet proof Cam drive, which is ultra fast when you plug it in your PC and need to archive stuff.

Last edited: