Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issues with routing and superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else in the US experiencing issues with routing and charging this weekend?

In the middle of a 1200 mile trip in the last few days. I have noticed a lot of new issues with routing and charging. It has routinely routed me to a charger I can’t reach <0 to 5 % charge on arrival. And the UI is consistently requiring full charge to 90% with the time to do so being way off. I have seen 30 min to full when I am at 80+% or something similar. The current route has me only go 30 miles to the next charger for a 10 min fill up.

On a good note, the UI does re-route to a closer charger once I depart the SC after 15 min or so. I have done a lot of road trips but this is the first time I have seen the UI being so confused.

Just curious if others have seen the same. FWIW the app seems to operate very poorly on this trip too. Constant disconnects or long lag to identify for unlock or update vehicle details.

I don't use routing feature on long road trips. However I did a road trip two weekends ago and noticed that the Supercharger Markers only showed on the map when tapping on the supercharger map menu which brings up a tabular list of Superchargers. However, the markers reappeared on the map for a local trip on a weekday after that weekend. Not sure if this was a problem with Tesla's data connection, a new configuration setting, or a bug in the firmware.

This is not related to the amount of map Zoom, where if you zoom out too much, the Superchargers will also disappear (apparently to remove map clutter). I've been aware of this feature for much longer.

This weekend, I did another long road trip and the Supercharger Markers, again were absent on the map, unless I tapped on Superchargers menu which brings up the Supercharger tabular list.

Anyone experience this also?