Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It opened all its windows!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Back when Hurricane Ian delivered 5.5' of water to the ground floor of our home, it naturally drowned all the vehicles, including our 2020 M3. What I found interesting when we were able to get outside and observe the devastation, was that all four windows were down on the Tesla. To this day I've wondered if this was due simply to a shorting out of the window switches, or if the car did it automatically, "thinking" that it was submerged, as a safety feature for escape purposes perhaps. The battery would have already been submerged before water got to the switches, but it came very fast, less than 30 minutes. Anyone know anything about this?

Reactions: James-R10
I agree, I don't know, short of some sensor. Boats use them in lieu of float switches now, just little domino-like bricks that sense water and turn on the bilge pump or water alarm. Needless to say, the car was ruined regardless, but to find all the windows open and the interior filled with debris was just one more discouraging discovery that day.