Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It was the night before collection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tomorrow is the big day, it’s finally come! I’m travelling to Edinburgh to collect my new M3 LR WHITE. Although my wait wasn’t too bad, I ordered on 10/01/2020 leasing via octopusev.

Strangely my excitement has lessened the closer I got to collection date, I think I’m a little nervous/worried that on the off chance my car isn’t perfect. I am willing to give a little, but not a lot especially being located in NI where there currently is no SC, closest being Dublin.

Excitement levels are 9/10, hoping its back to a 10/10 tomorrow. I’ll be documenting my day, and very first impressions of the car (from a non-ev owner too) via instagram - if anyone’s interested my username is @bmullan91 on there too.

PS. Does anyone have any advice for collection day?

Picked mine up today! Be excited, be very excited.

The group input was one of the service guys giving a tour of one car for a groups of 7 of us.

Give the car a real good looking over, my wife and I found 2 not great things and 4 other niggles. Three of them fixed there and then so will need to return. But that might mean a cool road trip for you?

Don’t forget your drivers licence, that was all we needed.

And enjoy it, it’s a crazy / amazing car!!

Tomorrow is the big day, it’s finally come! I’m travelling to Edinburgh to collect my new M3 LR WHITE. Although my wait wasn’t too bad, I ordered on 10/01/2020 leasing via octopusev.

Strangely my excitement has lessened the closer I got to collection date, I think I’m a little nervous/worried that on the off chance my car isn’t perfect. I am willing to give a little, but not a lot especially being located in NI where there currently is no SC, closest being Dublin.

Excitement levels are 9/10, hoping its back to a 10/10 tomorrow. I’ll be documenting my day, and very first impressions of the car (from a non-ev owner too) via instagram - if anyone’s interested my username is @bmullan91 on there too.

I collected my white LR up from Edinburgh today. Staff were very friendly. Only two cars to hand over so we were given an overview on their demo car. Our demonstrator has only been there for a few weeks and didn’t have the key card for that car so couldn’t really show much. Had I not done a load of research and read the manual beforehand I’d have been a bit concerned at how lacking in detail the handover was. But there was no pressure and had loads of time to look over the car. Unfortunately it was raining so impossible to be as thorough as we wanted to be. All I’ve found so far was a small scratch on a vanity mirror and poorly fitting rear quarter light trim. Both of these have been noted and will be fixed by mobile service.
77515418-61B4-4728-8E3A-E0C2C1DDD2DA.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: bmullan91

Are you heading straight back? Superchargers at EuroCentral on M8 (just before Bellshill as you head West) if you want to have a go with them and 'fill up' for the journey home.

Are you heading straight back? Superchargers at EuroCentral on M8 (just before Bellshill as you head West) if you want to have a go with them and 'fill up' for the journey home.

Yep pretty much, hand over at 15:30, boat at 19:30, was planning on stopping there and grabbing something quick to eat.

Noob question, do I need to do anything before I can use the superchargers? Or will my account + card that’s sync’d with my account be used automatically?

I should probably look into chargeplace Scotland as a plan B - likely need an account.

Good for you, enjoy the day, it is definitely worth it.

Yes, the supercharger will work if you have a card linked to your account. They will set your phone etc to your car tomorrow, and will give you time to look over the car and get to know the functions etc.

Yep pretty much, hand over at 15:30, boat at 19:30, was planning on stopping there and grabbing something quick to eat.

Noob question, do I need to do anything before I can use the superchargers? Or will my account + card that’s sync’d with my account be used automatically?

I should probably look into chargeplace Scotland as a plan B - likely need an account.
Not sure how it work with lease but if you used a referral code you get 1000 miles equally there's a grace period with paying for superchargers if you've not got a payment card linked to you tesla a/c ie they won't leave you stranded.
If you want a ChargePlace Scotland charger there's DC chargers just off the M8 at Bellshill (come off as if going to the Hilton) and with Hilton on your right take the next left Avondale House

• Informative
Reactions: bmullan91
Does anyone have any advice for collection day?

What New Owners need to Know - UK FAQ

Buy extras while you are there?

Right angle phone cable or wireless charging
Adaptors for UMC - 16 / 32 AMP Commando, Foreign stuff ...
Hooks for Frunk shopping (I think these are web-only now, but they might have some left in stock and cost less than web-shipping ...)

Not sure how it work with lease but if you used a referral code you get 1000 miles

I've seen mixed messages, but it might be that "collection day" is free Supercharging, whether referral or not.

I believe supercharging is free on the day of delivery, so you don’t need to worry about it straight away!