Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Items to look out for with private party used model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking to purchase a 2017 s 75 model s. Other than the fusc and unlimited data topic, what other options, defects should I look out for when inspecting the car. Btw, is there a southern California tesla inspection service/mechanic I can pay?

No different than any other car. Just make sure you’re aware of any wrecks and can make an informed decision.
Thanks @domodan. I definitely will do those standard checks as well. I'm more looking to understand any common model s tesla-unique issues I should be looking for. For example, warning signs of upcoming hardware failure or questions to ask about common items that may have failed and been replaced.

Thanks @domodan. I definitely will do those standard checks as well. I'm more looking to understand any common model s tesla-unique issues I should be looking for. For example, warning signs of upcoming hardware failure or questions to ask about common items that may have failed and been replaced.
Not sure if Tesla Service Centers offer a pre-purchase inspection where they hook the car up to their computers, get it on a lift to visually inspect, etc. But if they did? Id take advantage of that. YOu can always stop by your closest Service Center and inquire.

Also, is there any full warranty at all left on it? That can mitigate a fair amount of the risk of purchase.

I am looking to purchase a 2017 s 75 model s. Other than the fusc and unlimited data topic, what other options, defects should I look out for when inspecting the car. Btw, is there a southern California tesla inspection service/mechanic I can pay?
A 2017 Model S with FUSC (Free Unlimited SuperCharging for life) And free premium data for life that's transferrable? You'll have a difficult time finding a car if that's your search criteria. They discontinued it at the start of 2017 but grandfathered those in who ordered by the middle of January 2017 so long as they took delivery before a deadline a few months later. Anything ordered/delivered after that date may have included those from the factory but only for THAT owner and they were non-transferrable.

A 2017 Model S with FUSC (Free Unlimited SuperCharging for life) And free premium data for life that's transferrable? You'll have a difficult time finding a car if that's your search criteria. They discontinued it at the start of 2017 but grandfathered those in who ordered by the middle of January 2017 so long as they took delivery before a deadline a few months later. Anything ordered/delivered after that date may have included those from the factory but only for THAT owner and they were non-transferrable.
Sorry if I gave the wrong impression there. Those are not a requirement, I just understand the implications.