Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's August! So.......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Autopilot and Autopilot 2.0 with FSD.

Autopilot and AWD - October 2014

Autopilot 2.0 and FSD - October 2016

But wait, there’s more:

FSD starts delivery - October 2018
FSD- related board/SoC retrofits - October 2019 (maybe sooner)
Interior updates for S/X to make them more 3-like - October 2019

Here’s a long shot: S/X battery updates... 100/120, retiring the 75? Ah, but when?

Same with SC 3.0 - which quarter and year?

Product positioning is going to get interesting. If the roadster does 600 miles, and the current 3 in the 200s-300s, do they juice the S/X to 400-450 in 2021?

Is anyone going to care as SCs proliferate and charging times drop from 1.5h for +80% to 30 minutes?

Autopilot and AWD - October 2014

Autopilot 2.0 and FSD - October 2016

But wait, there’s more:

FSD starts delivery - October 2018
FSD- related board/SoC retrofits - October 2019 (maybe sooner)
Interior updates for S/X to make them more 3-like - October 2019

Here’s a long shot: S/X battery updates... 100/120, retiring the 75? Ah, but when?

Same with SC 3.0 - which quarter and year?

Product positioning is going to get interesting. If the roadster does 600 miles, and the current 3 in the 200s-300s, do they juice the S/X to 400-450 in 2021?

Is anyone going to care as SCs proliferate and charging times drop from 1.5h for +80% to 30 minutes?

I thought AWD was pretty much an open secret by that point - we'd seen photos of AWD Ss and had lots of discussion about whether they were mules for Xs or a new version of the S.

Whereas no one seemed to see AP coming, even though sharp eyed folks started seeing and photographing the hardware a couple weeks before the announcement event and we were speculating wildly about what it meant.

I thought AWD was pretty much an open secret by that point - we'd seen photos of AWD Ss and had lots of discussion about whether they were mules for Xs or a new version of the S.

Whereas no one seemed to see AP coming, even though sharp eyed folks started seeing and photographing the hardware a couple weeks before the announcement event and we were speculating wildly about what it meant.

Yes, and it was nice that there was some flexibility for the September cars that were configured to accommodate AP. The event itself, however, showcased both AP1 and the D cars.

There are surprises and there are surprises. Sometimes, the faithful are even surprised (note Roadster 2.0 at the Semi event). Most of the time, not so much, yeah. My idea of an October surprise is the event itself, the point of which being to to maximize Q4 sales and orders into 2019Q1. What could it be, what could it be...

There's a lot more momentum across the board now than there was 2 and 4 years ago. We already know when the 35K 3 is coming, although they could create some buzz during an event by opening *those* floodgates for the few that would get those before year end/tax credit/yadda.

Interesting, in 2.5 years of Tesla ownership, I've never met a non-believer... everyone that talks to me about my car seems super psyched about Tesla. Just lucky I guess.

You are lucky. I think the increase negativity lately Is do to some bad press. No one has mentioned they think Tesla will go broke? The best advise I got from a club member, don’t debate, just reply “ then this car isn’t for you”. I’ve done it, and Tesla talk ends. I think it’s all about the EV revolution. I love our Tesla!! I will talk it up positivity!

Reactions: EV-lutioin
Not sure if ya'll saw the tweet yesterday from Musk, but he confirmed that the Hardware 3.0 chip set upgrade will be free to existing owners that ordered FSD (not sure about EAP as well, and do not want to spread fake news without confirmation, but I know it applied to FSD).