Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's not just Tesla's getting broken into

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who didn't pay attention in school.

- Adding an apostrophe s ('s) means possessive or a conjunction.
- Adding an s means plural.

So "It's not just Tesla's getting broken in to" means it's not just Tesla's (what?) getting broken in to. {something Teslas own} The car's {something}? The company's {something}? Misleading.

And "It's not just Teslas getting broken in to" means it's not just multiple Teslas getting broken in to, maybe the intended meaning.

And while we're at it, they're not "getting broken in to". They're being broken in to. They're not acquiring being broken in to.

And they're not being broken "into". What are Teslas breaking into? A garage? A house?

And before someone says I'm being pedantic, these are just rules of our language which we all should have learned in 4th grade. Sloppiness in language means sloppiness in thinking, and it follows that we can not depend on those doing this.

I couldn't bring myself to read his posts. Sometimes I despair for the public education system in the US.
Thank you teacher. I'm sure you have better things to do than correct online grammar but I could be wrong. If you're going to correct other people's grammar, please do so correctly. Periods go inside quotation marks! That is, unless you're British.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: RedMS
May be the cheapest and even help the problem initially until the said apartment becomes a drug den. I’m all up for helping homeless but they have to want to be helped in order for them to change. The problem is many do not want to change. They like the lifestyle. I know this from experience .
that is why treatment is important and people need to get straight and get a job and start paying rent - no one just gives away condos/apartments

Reactions: RedMS and energy7
Thank you teacher. I'm sure you have better things to do than correct online grammar but I could be wrong. If you're going to correct other people's grammar, please do so correctly. Periods go inside quotation marks! That is, unless you're British.
You're welcome, I'm sure.

... or the Harvard Method, of which I'm a fan. I also put a comma after one, and another, and another -- for the same reason. Without that second comma you're equalizing the second two.

But if you're one of the Proudly Uneducated it makes no difference, unless revenge is necessary.

Our local sheriff has informed us that along with the "geniuses" that are smashing glass, crawling into and bleeding in our vehicles, there are some other more sophisticated theft groups in the SF bay area that focus on the areas like shopping center and office parking lots, around restaurants, coffee places, etc.

Even if you have limo tint and hide your phone or laptop under your seat or out of sight, these groups are using scanning devices that are able to pick up the bluetooth/wifi signals broadcasted from sleeping electronic devices in your vehicle. We've had a few break-ins where the drivers thought if their laptop wasn't visible in the car it would be safe. Unfortunately, that no longer works — you either have to fully power off your stuff or take it with you.

Reactions: energy7
Thank you teacher. I'm sure you have better things to do than correct online grammar but I could be wrong.
You're welcome, I'm sure.

... or the Harvard Method, of which I'm a fan. I also put a comma after one, and another, and another -- for the same reason. Without that second comma you're equalizing the second two.

But if you're one of the Proudly Uneducated it makes no difference, unless revenge is necessary.
No revenge necessary, you're a pompous a$$ so move along to a different thread.

Reactions: California Roll