Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's not just Tesla's getting broken into

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted on a different thread about the break-in's to my Tesla and my Tesla loaner. Yes, Tesla's are definitely targeted in the Bay Area but they are not alone. Last night I went to Faultline Brewery in Santa Clara around 8:30 pm. I decided to take the wife's Honda SUV since that parking lot is notorious for smash and grabs. When I pulled up, security was talking to some folks and sure enough, broken windows. These were rental cars, Ford's I think. Same scenario though, smash the small window, fold down the seat, smash the big window and climb in. An SUV was hit as well since their stuff was uncovered in the back of the car behind the last row of seats.

Stay safe out there. If you're in the Bay Area, do not leave anything visible or hidden in your car that you value. As a side note, where was the security guard when this happened? You know, they guy who's supposed to be watching the parking lot? He was there taking a report but where was he when the cars were broken into right in front of the restaurant?

Thanks for the heads up. I actually work not too far from Faultline. Have gone there on numerous occasion for lunch and/or HH.
Never realized that lot is notorious for smash and grabs though. Interesting.

Any of the bars are restaurants along 101 and 280 are targets, especially around lunch time and between 5-8 pm. Why 5-8 pm? Think about it, people at these places and this hour probably just got off work, went to have drinks/dinner and where would they put their laptop? Faultline, Birk's, the new Whole Foods plaza, etc., they are all targets.

Happened to my S 2 weeks ago. They broke quarter panel window, pulled down seat and used a long "stick with a hook on the end" to fish the bag out of my trunk. Since it wouldn't fit out the small window they had to break the rear passenger window to get the bag out. Scumbags. Now Tesla says it could be a month or more to get new glass. I guess I'm supposed to drive around in the rain with no windows. I'm pissed at the guy who did this but I'm equally pissed at Tesla at this point.

as income inequality grows
so does crime
will Amazon paying min. $15/hr help? I guess not in this area, unless they have a warehouse in this area??

Can you live in the Bay Area on $30,000 ? car, insurance, rent, cell phone, internet? capitalism at its best

I can’t afford to live in Bel-Air, should I resort to crime?

When my S was broken into the dashcam recorded the perp first breaking into the Prius parked behind me. It has been over seven weeks and I am still waiting for parts. The idiot first tried to break the liftgate glass, then broke the rear passenger window. He cut himself climbing into the car and bled profusely. So he came back to douse the interior with bleach. It takes 8-10 weeks to get replacement seats...

so does crime
will Amazon paying min. $15/hr help? I guess not in this area, unless they have a warehouse in this area??

Can you live in the Bay Area on $30,000 ? car, insurance, rent, cell phone, internet? capitalism at its best
Any police officer in the Bay Area would have a good laugh at that theory. 90% of the break-ins are drug addicts looking for their next fix. These break-ins aren't a social statement on income inequality by disgruntled Amazon workers.

Reactions: SDRick
so does crime

Please realize that many of those do not want your $15/hr when they can freely hang out all day in the tent, break a few windows in the eve, and that will easily get them the next dose. Like me youre in Seattle, why do most homeless reject the recovery programs that the city pours millions into?

Any police officer in the Bay Area would have a good laugh at that theory. 90% of the break-ins are drug addicts looking for their next fix. These break-ins aren't a social statement on income inequality by disgruntled Amazon workers.
nor is:
VA reveals its veteran suicide statistic included active-duty troops
and luckily you have no homeless problems in the Bay Area
and seems big Pharma trying to get their cut
Understanding the Epidemic | Drug Overdose | CDC Injury Center

Largest prison population in the world is in which country? care to guess where 1 in every 4 prisoners are? try google search

Please realize that many of those do not want your $15/hr when they can freely hang out all day in the tent, break a few windows in the eve, and that will easily get them the next dose. Like me youre in Seattle, why do most homeless reject the recovery programs that the city pours millions into?
Sadly, more money goes to those that "run" (yes, many are good meaning social workers - but way too many managers) the program than those that actually get help. side note: SLC, UT found it cheapest to give apartments to homeless (AND help people get off alcohol & drugs). changing behavior is key - not easy - but can have good results.

Sadly, more money goes to those that "run" (yes, many are good meaning social workers - but way too many managers) the program than those that actually get help. side note: SLC, UT found it cheapest to give apartments to homeless (AND help people get off alcohol & drugs). changing behavior is key - not easy - but can have good results.
May be the cheapest and even help the problem initially until the said apartment becomes a drug den. I’m all up for helping homeless but they have to want to be helped in order for them to change. The problem is many do not want to change. They like the lifestyle. I know this from experience .

Last edited:
It's not just Tesla's getting broken into
For those who didn't pay attention in school.

- Adding an apostrophe s ('s) means possessive or a conjunction.
- Adding an s means plural.

So "It's not just Tesla's getting broken in to" means it's not just Tesla's (what?) getting broken in to. {something Teslas own} The car's {something}? The company's {something}? Misleading.

And "It's not just Teslas getting broken in to" means it's not just multiple Teslas getting broken in to, maybe the intended meaning.

And while we're at it, they're not "getting broken in to". They're being broken in to. They're not acquiring being broken in to.

And they're not being broken "into". What are Teslas breaking into? A garage? A house?

And before someone says I'm being pedantic, these are just rules of our language which we all should have learned in 4th grade. Sloppiness in language means sloppiness in thinking, and it follows that we can not depend on those doing this.

I couldn't bring myself to read his posts. Sometimes I despair for the public education system in the US.

Last edited: