Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's time to move on... Elon

Should Elon move on from Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously not. Why?

Under Elon, Tesla has accomplished:
Making the first EV that excited people and was comparable to a gas powered vehicle.
Successfully weathered the insane financial crisis that threatened the world's financial balance.
Successfully introduced their second vehicle to excite people about a large EV sedan that he said would be the greatest car ever made.
Successfully IPO'd.
Acquired the largest car manufacturing facility in the world for almost nothing.
Weathered the tricky transition from making the Roadster by hand to manufacturing cars in a factory.
Successfully introduced the Model S. It won MTCOTY and was (and still is) considered the best large sedan in the world.
Introduced the unexpected Supercharger network which is now the largest high speed charging network around the world.
Introduced the Model X, which would eventually double the sales of the company.
Successfully improved on the Model S by introducing dual motors and a host of other technical improvements.
Successfully brought the Model X to market. It has more innovations than was necessary but important lessons were learned for the company.
Successfully introduced Tesla Energy which doubles as a way to regulate the output of:
Introduced and began building the Tesla Battery Gigafactory which now produces half the world's li-ion batteries for vehicles.
That allowed the introduction of the Tesla Model 3. More reservations for that car than any other car in history proving there was a demand for a reasonably priced EV.
Put Tesla on the track to be first in Autonomous Vehicles by introducing Autopilot.
Pushed for and sped up production of the Tesla Model 3 by one full year.
Weathered the insanity of "production hell" to make the Model 3 the best selling car in the USA by revenue.
Weathered all the hell of naysayers, FUDsters, and the misinformation of short sellers to have the company reach profitability.

I'm getting tired. The list is major accomplishments is more than double what I listed.
All of this done while anyone who understands what such an overall accomplishment this would need to be, said it was impossible.

All the while doing just as amazing things at SpaceX. I won't bother to list those accomplishments but they are actually MORE significant than most of the stuff done at Tesla.

And you think that Elon should drop out.

No. Hell no. That would be insanity.

Absolutely. If those are not convincing enough these "nasty charts" certainly will convince anyone who does not have an agenda. It's CEO's of other auto companies who should step aside. Wait, they are already starting to do that.

18 Nasty Tesla Charts | CleanTechnica

I was considering starting a new thread, and might if others feels this warrants it: I had another Elon "aha!" moment yesterday and I think it's worth considering in this thread as folks toss around the master plans. It's also demonstrative of the genius at Tesla, SpaceX, Boring and I firmly believe resides with Elon's vision because of what he has said and done for so many years:

It's ALL tied together.

Think:
The Boring Co just stated they made their first tunnel for 1/100th of the cost of a subway. Look at how many problems they solved to disrupt what was otherwise a monopoly. Then look at how: Using SpaceX understanding of thermal limits, materials. Using batteries instead of cabling (Tesla). Using electricity to remove the rock, instead of diesel...Making the tunnel and the machine JUST SMALL ENOUGH...to fit in a BFR. This whole venture is about solving Mars.

But in the interim, once again, they are solving on Earth and using disruption to fund Mars. These tunnels...they are so cheap every city will want it. The access points designed to be highly flexible, small as a closet if needed. Multiple "on-ramps and off-ramps", where Tesla controls everything that is in it. Everything in it will be autonomous.

Autonomous on-ramp to off-ramp??? That's being released for autopilot NOW. That computing/software solution can be plug-n-play on whatever they have moving in the tunnels. Unlike surface divided highways, they not only control what is in there but won't have uncontrolled repairs, obstacles, lane paint changes, hazards and much greater control over regulations.

Something that solves gridlock, and 100% favors Tesla. Is tech that can support the Mars mission, and was developed with that in mind.

It's also the Dragon Module, the space suit...not designed like NASA would just for ISS missions...but designed with the intent that iterations will be used on Mars.

Nobody, NOBODY on Earth is this vertically integrated with this type of leadership, smarts, vision and execution. Master Plan indeed.

Other thoughts?

• Informative
Reactions: StellarRat
9i37trndhcw41.png