Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

J1772 adapter lock

Would you be interested ?

• Yes, I will PM you

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Naah, no need for one

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I wanted to be able to lock my charging port and the adapter and the J1772 plug while charging since I've seen and heard enough incidents of cars getting unplugged. The one lock offered by evannex seems flimsy and way overpriced.... so I 3d printed my own.

Attachments

• 20190808_213711.jpg
    20190808_213711.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 713
  • 20190808_213730.jpg
    20190808_213730.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 283
Nice.
Is there enough play to use the button on the J1772 charge head to turn charging off but still prevent removal?
Those release buttons tend to have enough flex internally that even though the latch is held down, the switch under the button does activate.

I, too, would be interested in the .stl file for this. (I searched Thingiverse and Yeggi but couldn't find it.)

Are you sharing the STL file or is this a commercial product you are selling?

Not a commercial product at all.
I posted the lock photo on Facebook in response to someone with a sentry video showing a Leaf owner unplugging their Tesla and taking the plug for their own car. I wasn't expecting anything out of that post to be honest, but I got about a dozen inquiries within hours. It was never intended to be shared or sold but people have asked to purchase and I've been printing a bunch and shipping for a reasonable price.

Those release buttons tend to have enough flex internally that even though the latch is held down, the switch under the button does activate.

I posted the lock photo on Facebook in response to someone with a sentry video showing a Leaf owner unplugging their Tesla and taking the plug for their own car. I wasn't expecting anything out of that post to be honest, but I got about a dozen inquiries within hours. It was never intended to be shared or sold but people have asked to purchase and I've been printing a bunch and shipping for a reasonable price.

If you make the STL available for those of us with printers, please let us know here. If it’s meant to be private, apologies for the intrusion.

Your post is not clear, you open a thread showing something you have created (good for you), but at the same time you have a question pool that it looks like you are selling something. People ask you for the STL and you said is not a commercial product, but again at the same time you said you have printed a couple and shipping (aka selling) at a reasonable price...

If you are showing a product and try to make profit (even if is small), just open a thread in the Marketplace section and make it right.

Your post is not clear, you open a thread showing something you have created (good for you), but at the same time you have a question pool that it looks like you are selling something. People ask you for the STL and you said is not a commercial product, but again at the same time you said you have printed a couple and shipping (aka selling) at a reasonable price...

If you are showing a product and try to make profit (even if is small), just open a thread in the Marketplace section and make it right.

Thank you for your input.