Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Jaguar Delivers First I-PACE In U.S. – Owner Not A Fan Of Tesla’s Style

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first Jaguar I-PACE in North America has officially been delivered.

Jaguar has delivered the first I-PACE in North America to Mark and Holly Pascarella of Lakewood Ranch, Florida. Both of whom are the loyal customers to the brand.

It’s the first electric car in the family and according to Mark Pascarella, the I-PACE better fits his taste than a Tesla or any premium plug-in hybrids (sounds like confirmation that more conservative interiors find fans too).

“I’ve looked at Tesla in the past and was never impressed with their interiors or looks of the car, but when I saw the I-PACE, I said that’s something I’d like to drive.”

“As I mentioned I’m not a fan of Tesla’s finishes and I haven’t been impressed with any of the luxury hybrids out there.”

Jaguar released a full interview with the first owner in North America, who shares his family’s enthusiasm for the I-PACE and talks about how it’s the perfect car for a busy lifestyle.

Are you excited to take delivery of your new Jaguar I-PACE vehicle?

My whole family is excited! When I told my wife, twin 15 year-olds and 18 year-old, they couldn’t believe we would have the first I-PACE delivered in North America, before the vehicle even goes on sale. They couldn’t believe that it would be at our house, and we’re all just extremely excited to have an electric car and even more excited to have another Jaguar. We’re a Jaguar family.

What other Jaguar vehicles have you owned?

I’ve had two XKR models, an XJ, two F-TYPE vehicles and an F-PACE. I have an F-TYPE right now and my daughter has an F-PACE, so this will be our seventh Jaguar. My F-TYPE R is so much fun to drive. I’ve had it two and half years now, and people turn their head every time I pull up somewhere. They’re always telling me how beautiful the car is. It’s racing red with a black interior and a black top with gorgeous 20-inch wheels. It’s just a beautiful car and with the big supercharged V8, everyone hears you pull up. I wish I had a chance to take it on a racetrack, but I just don’t have the time.

What attracted you to the I-PACE?

When you have a family of five you always need space, so we were looking for an SUV. We’ve always had a seven-passenger SUV, but one of my daughters just went off to college, so now a five-passenger SUV will be large enough. When I looked at the I-PACE I could see that it was a typical first-class product made by Jaguar, with top of the line appointments and great looks. It doesn’t look like a typical SUV, and on top of that, being electric was very appealing. I’ve looked at Tesla in the past and was never impressed with their interiors or looks of the car, but when I saw the I-PACE, I said that’s something I’d like to drive. My wife loved it as well. She’ll probably drive it more than I do because she sells real estate and that’s what she’ll take clients out in. It’s definitely going to be a conversation piece and everyone’s going to be looking at her when she’s driving it around the neighborhood. When we go out to dinner with the family I can’t fit everybody in the F-TYPE so having the I-PACE available, with its space and luxury, will be great. We’ll also use it when we travel to see family during the holidays.

What do you do on the weekends for fun?

We’re a very busy family. The kids are involved in marching band so we go to all their competitions and events. We love to go to the theatre and we love to go out to dinner. We probably eat out 6-7 days a week. I’m a big sports nut, we support our local teams here. We entertain a lot, and we’re constantly on the go, I don’t like to sit still. I love to play golf, I play at least four times a week. Besides my wife and my three daughters it’s my passion.

How much did you know about EV technology before buying the I-PACE?

I didn’t know much about EV technology before buying the I-PACE. I’ve read up online and I love techy stuff. I love computers and the latest audio and visual technology, and I love cars. I’m a car nut.

Have you owned an EV before?

I haven’t. As I mentioned I’m not a fan of Tesla’s finishes and I haven’t been impressed with any of the luxury hybrids out there. The I-PACE will be our first EV and we couldn’t be more excited about it. Especially my kids. Getting the first one in the country is going to be amazing.

Crown Jaguar, in St. Petersburg has been phenomenal for us. The service I get from them is fantastic, and that made a big difference too. They’re 35 miles from my house but I’ve bought six Jaguar vehicles from them including this I-PACE just because of the service level I get from those guys. I trust them and feel good about what they do. I know they’re going to take care of me.

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just can't get over the extorior of the i-Pace. I'm starting to see quite a few of them here in Oslo. Just today there was one driving towards me as I crossed the road. And head on with the big grill it does look nice. But as it passed me and you see the side and front+side and rear + side it looks just wierd and not nice wierd, ugly wierd. It has the same kind of squished look that the Evoque or the X6 and X4 from BMW has, and it sure does NOT look good. I'll easily admit the X isn't a looker either but it has more decent angles and at least it has a function - efficiency.
The insides looks good though, but old.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and EinSV
Right now, using just fast chargers, a Jag can drive from Coast to Coast in the USA, . In fact it can do any combination of Tijuana Mexico to Edmonton Alberta, Miami to Nova Scotia to Minneapolis, LA to Salt Lake City, San Diego to Pheonix, all by fast charger.

Just like a Tesla, it can't venture far into North Dakota. And just like a Tesla, it can't drive over the Atlantic Ocean.

There are 29 Supercharger stations live in Italy atm, and another 11 are planned.

This is way overselling it. It can't cross the Rockies today, it can't travel barely at all in New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming.

I feel like I'm in crazytown here, or perhaps it's because most Tesla owners live on the coasts. There is absolutely no comparison between EA infrastructure and SC for now. Even the planned chargers still leave the most beautiful parts of Colorado (Ouray, Telluride, Created Butte, the Saguache, Curecanti Recreation Area) off limits. And the iPace will have major issues gettinng between their tiny 4 stall stations in very cold weather as EVERY station must be working to make the trip across 70.

Last edited:
So many people forget that the original Roadster had no supercharging infrastructure when it was released in 2008. With a range of less than 250 miles. It wasn't until 4 years after the release that Tesla started the supercharging infrastructure. Yet here, Jag are being castrated for it.

While true, it's also clear that Tesla has been "all-in" on BEV's since Day 1... it's all they do. And while the Supercharger Network wasn't available for the very first Tesla owners, as soon as they had the resources to do so (and the tech in the cars capable of taking advantage of it), they blew past every other car manufacturer on the planet, despite being only fraction of their size.

So yes, while we are at about the same relative time for a company like Jaguar, there are lots of other factors that don't send a real warm & fuzzy that they (or most other manufactures), are determined to roll out BEVs and infrastructure at scale.

If every car manufacturer had charging networks it would ruin any sort of usability.
Actually, there's nothing keeping each flavor of network from being quite usable. What they may not necessarily be is interopable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiddler
This is way overselling it. It can't cross the Rockies today, it can't travel barely at all in New Mexico, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming.

I feel like I'm in crazytown here, or perhaps it's because most Tesla owners live on the coasts. There is absolutely no comparison between EA infrastructure and SC for now. Even the planned chargers still leave the most beautiful parts of Colorado (Ouray, Telluride, Created Butte, the Saguache, Curecanti Recreation Area) off limits. And the iPace will have major issues gettinng between their tiny 4 stall stations in very cold weather as EVERY station must be working to make the trip across 70.

It can cross the Rockies today, but not in Winter.

there are lots of other factors that don't send a real warm & fizzy that they (or most other manufactures), are determined to roll out BEV's an infrastructure at scale.

Yes. What I find interesting about Jaguar is that they are now the 2nd most BEV-intensive brand in the world, and are likely to hold that position for a long time to come.

In some markets. their BEV is now two-thirds of sales. Globally, I-Pace is likely to be about 1/6th to 1/7th of total sales in its first 12 months of customer deliveries. In the world's most BEVvy market (Norway), it's outselling the X and S combined, by 40%.

Actually, there's nothing keeping each flavor of network from being quite usable. What they may not necessarily be is interopable.

Yes - getting the large charging network operators to view all CCS DCFCs as one big network would definitely be a good thing.
Still, Electrify America has added the 3rd-largest US network operator into its interoperation alliance. That means there's really only EVgo, Chargepoint and the EA/Greenlots/SemaConnect/EV Connect interoperation alliance.

You'll still need to use all three for arbitrary road trips.

Lol, sure thing bud. All those DCFC stations that don't exist in PlugShare.

Why don't you actually plan the route instead of easting your time being wrong? What specific chargers will you use to cover the route I suggested and what is this distance between them?

Just looked at Plugshare. It has even more chargers on the Grand Junction to Denver route than Chargehub has.

GrandJunction-Denver-IPaceRangeDrawnOn.png

Grand Junction to Denver. From Grand Junction to the first charger in the Denver Metroplex is almost exactly 234 miles by road (according to Google).

In one hit if you are feeling careful, or stopping at one of 3 CCS stations en-route.

You say I am a liar. (Thanks for the ad-hominem, btw) I say I am simply capable of reading a map.

Last edited:
Realistically this guy probably has another car for longer trips (like running from Hurricanes) in a year or two Electrify America will likely enable 100kw charging all over that part of the country
Welcome to Electrify America | Locations

Oops!
Sorry we can't find this page.

I think we'll get a lot of 'oops, we can't find a charger near you' for a while with those guys too.

So, sweetheart, maps don't work like that. You need to follow a route, because this isn't a flying car. Elevation plays a massive role which you've also ignored like a child. You most certainly cannot read a map.

Not sure why you've included the laughable WLTP rating either? This car has been tested and the EPA range is accurate.

Reactions: EinSV
View attachment 350019
So, sweetheart, maps don't work like that. You need to follow a route, because this isn't a flying car. Elevation plays a massive role which you've also ignored like a child.

Elevation plays a massive role - and it can work to your advantage as much as to your disadvantage. Like I said in the post, the miles are road miles, not flying car miles.

And like I said, if you are driving uphill, you can use one of the three stations en route. The biggest elevation change on that map is about 1,000 feet, iirc.

Whatever dude. My 107 EPA Leaf can barely make it to Idaho Springs from Denver when new, but somehow an EV with only twice the range can do GJ to Denver in one go.

You obviously don't know anything about this area or the challenges of travelling within it. There are NOT three stations on the route, there is one that isn't at it's origin or terminus, in Glenwood Springs. READ THE MAP.