Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jalopnik P3 thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What do you find about the part I edited in as an afterthought? The steering wheel spinner stalks, and the "accidental press in"? Do you find this happens at all, often? I'm actually inclined to start a thread dedicated to the question, to find out what people that have been using the vehicle for weeks or months have been noticing.

Yeah, I've definitely changed tracks on my songs while doing a tight turn, like backing out of a parking space. I've started to adapt to the way I position my hands, but def wish I didn't have to think about it.

More than that, even. The speedo glance keeps the road in peripheral view far more than looking through the steering wheel. Horizontal focus change, keeping track of things side to side, is actually supposed to be happening very regularly. The stuff straight ahead isn't actually the biggest concern because we can see it coming from longer off, things coming perpendicular to the path of travel is the thing that tends to have a lot smaller window of opportunity to catch.

This point is important - what matters most when assessing the human factors question of where the speed should be displayed is not how far you have to look but rather the direction you have to look. The location of the speed indicator on the Model 3 is in the area that should be part of a standard visual sweep of the scene ahead for a safe driver. There’s no reason to look down at the place where a typical speedometer sits except to see the speedometer.

I would have liked a HUD just because I think they provide benefits in all cars, not to make up for the location of the speed indicator in the model 3.

I find it humorous that none of these auto journalists realize how goofy they sound when complaining about the touchscreen interface. Literally "I can't get used to this new interface because I immediately go back to driving 50 cars with outdated interfaces" EVERY SINGLE REVIEW. Although at least one reviewer was starting to catch on by noticing how crowded his Buick interface is. I really feel like all of these "journalists" ok, I'll call them "bloggers" would still be using blackberries if they could. BRO, NEED A REAL KEYBOARD!!! MOAR PROFESSIONAL.
I still prefer a physical keyboard. I like the bigger screen of a normal phone too. I wish someone would make a new version of a slider phone like the Priv was.

Reactions: kablammyman
I still prefer a physical keyboard. I like the bigger screen of a normal phone too. I wish someone would make a new version of a slider phone like the Priv was.
off topic: I have a blackberry key one, its a pretty good phone. I've been loving it for a year now. The key two is out now, so if you are looking for a phone, you may want to check it out.

In my opinion, people may have gotten used to "typing" on a touch screen, but lie to themselves if they say that touch screen "typing" is better than using a physical keyboard. From reading these forums, I believe that has also happened with the model 3's tablet for some owners.