Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jan 2014: Bill to permit direct sales in Arizona

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That might be possible, dsmith, but in this age, the number of potential customers outside all the Arizona (Ford, GM, Chrysler....take your pick) dealerships' 60-mile circumference are very, very few.

Now, Bugatti dealerships could be a different matter (except that's a VW brand, so even it would be difficult).

We may be looking at this from a different perspective. What if we were looking at it from a different brand (ie Ford, Chevy or Honda) perspective. that would allow them to sell direct.

Why would that be a bad thing (if that is what you are saying)? Over time, certain business models just go under. Can't remember the last time I went to a CD store to buy music.

Good news for Arizonans and Tesla this week:

Rep. John Kavanagh has introduced a bill that would permit automobile manufacturers to sell their wares in AZ as long as it had no dealership within 60 miles.

Guess towards whom that is directed! :)

Bill: Format Document

News report: Sale of Tesla Vehicles Would Be Legalized in Arizona Under Proposed Bill
While I agree it's a start, all a dealership has to do is play cat and mouse and open one within 60 miles?
I think Kavanagh is pandering to both sides?