Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda 2 question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone provide a link to the correct splitter cable for a Jeda 2 so that I can run both lines into the left port only.

Also, are the USB ports in the Model 3 type A or type C?

Thanks.
Not answering your exact question, but maybe it will help.

I hear that the data problem is solved in the new firmware so it doesn't restrict charging with data ports.

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013XGK53E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had no problems with any firmware.

Can't answer the type A or C question.

• Informative
Reactions: Triplett
Not answering your exact question, but maybe it will help.

I hear that the data problem is solved in the new firmware so it doesn't restrict charging with data ports.

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013XGK53E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had no problems with any firmware.

Can't answer the type A or C question.
All the videos I've seen have used cables. This is an interesting choice.

Did you put your dashcam USB in the third slot or use the left port?

Did you put your dashcam USB in the third slot or use the left

Did you put your dashcam USB in the third slot or use the left port?
I use USB stick in the left USB port and both powers in the USB hub. However, I used to use power in the left and right power in the USB right along with USB stick. I changed it when the update disabled data so currently I have USB stick in the left and both power in the USB hub. Just got the new update so should be able to switch back so I’m not sharing power but haven’t tried it yet.

Should work as normal again from what I understand. Will try it when it get home Friday.

Last edited:
Related, I ordered a couple of weeks ago and it said shipping orders the first week in May. Today I looked and it now says Shipping orders the end of May. Don't see any way to track my order. Does this mean mine is shipping or has it changed to the end of the month? Other than my initial confirmation haven't revived any emails.

I ordered mine in late-March and closely checked as the shipping window on the site as it moved from mid-April, to late-April, to early-May to late-May. Annoying to say the least, but then last week I got a shipping confirmation and it was delivered on Saturday. My assumption is the ship dates on the website maybe be estimated for folks placing new orders today. They usually respond in about 24 hours if you reply to your order confirmation and ask what's up.

I ordered mine in late-March and closely checked as the shipping window on the site as it moved from mid-April, to late-April, to early-May to late-May. Annoying to say the least, but then last week I got a shipping confirmation and it was delivered on Saturday. My assumption is the ship dates on the website maybe be estimated for folks placing new orders today. They usually respond in about 24 hours if you reply to your order confirmation and ask what's up.
Did you get it. I ordered in April and the dates keep changing. I sent an email about 5 days ago and have heard nothing back. Have only sent 1 other email several weeks ago and replied end of May. Looked on the site today and it now say first week in June. So for other than the one replay email they haven't sent me ANY info.

Did you get it. I ordered in April and the dates keep changing. I sent an email about 5 days ago and have heard nothing back. Have only sent 1 other email several weeks ago and replied end of May. Looked on the site today and it now say first week in June. So for other than the one replay email they haven't sent me ANY info.

I did receive it. The only other thing I will mention is that I emailed them to cancel because I was tired of waiting and about an hour later I was sent a shipping confirmation. Not sure if they put one in the mail so I wouldn’t cancel or if it was just a coincidence.

I did receive it. The only other thing I will mention is that I emailed them to cancel because I was tired of waiting and about an hour later I was sent a shipping confirmation. Not sure if they put one in the mail so I wouldn’t cancel or if it was just a coincidence.

I’m also thinking of canceling my Jeda order and going with a different vendor. Ordered 3 weeks ago and still not received it.

For what it's worth, I placed my order in early April and received it over a month later. They ship in big batches, probably because their volumes are not high enough to negotiate volume pricing contracts with suppliers, or they don't have the capital to hold inventory and still want volume discounts, etc.

Reactions: BulletToothWoo
I emailed them to cancel as well and they told me it would ship in the next 5 days and offered a 10% discount. I went ahead and canceled and ordered a Nomad, but it seems like they are trying to expedite orders for those who want to cancel.