Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda Hub for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine arrived about two weeks ago, nicely built, fits like a glove, everything works as advertised. I’m very happy with the purchase, well worth the very reasonable price and the wait. The free spacer was included; I already have the spacer, it completely solved the phone charging issue, guess I have a backup. I wonder if the spacers can be stacked for really thick phone cases.

Reactions: Teefal
Jeda came through for me. I received my Hub this weekend (ordered late June) and installed it. It seems like a quality product so I didn't mind a bit of waiting.

It's a bit tight, but I got it fitted and it seems to work well. My dashcam's Samsung SSD (USB-C) got recognized right away and I checked that all three USB-A ports work when charging my iPhone.

Order 175xxx from August...still nothing from Jeda. According to Jeda on 12/12:

"Orders in your batch are expected to finalize by next week! While orders in your batch began shipping on the 7th of December, we work chronologically and ship a certain amount each week. It will take us a few days to complete the remainder of the orders left"

Following up, it's a good product, just what you would want.. all usb ports functional, sentry mode usb hidden and out of view. Very tight, but pretty easy installation.

Honestly you will feel silly waiting and caring about this hub so much, but it's good and matches expectations.

A solid 4 stars, lose 1 star not for quality, but the pain of waiting 6 months in agony for something that's out of sight most of the by time you're in the car.

I ordered the Model Y hub on July 1. I received it about a week ago. Upon looking at it closely, it is unusable as the USB C sockets are misaligned with the case preventing the connector to be used. I tried contacting them by phone (disconnected) and email (no reply). I have filed a dispute today with Amex.

Attachments

• IMG_8950.jpg
    IMG_8950.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_8951.jpg
    IMG_8951.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 57
The only issue I've had with my hub so far is a result of my storage device. I'm using a 1 tb SD card, went big because I had Amex points to pay for it, I'm not sure what plans Tesla has for it in the future, and I can always use it in my DSLR camera if the space seems wasted. The issue I had was mounting it because the SD card adapter I used tapers outward from the connector and the cubby tapers inward. So the corner of the adapter hit the inside of the cubby. I crammed it in place and it connected, worked fine. The next morning as I was driving to work in a medium heavy rain, in the center lane of three lanes, behind an 18 wheeler throwing up so much spray I couldn't see, and I moved into the left lane to pass. Once I was in the left lane I rechecked the rear view mirror and watched the small SUV about 50 feet behind me start to hydroplane, overcorrect, fishtail back and forth, slam into the jersey wall, then spin across all three lanes to slam into the right jersey wall. I beeped the horn to save the clip and found that the card adapter had worked out enough that it was no longer making contact and I lost a real Russian dashcam moment.

FYI, this appears to be a 2 person company after researching it on LinkedIn, the FCC ID website data, and the Stripe Credit Card service that processed my credit card. They do not mention a phone number in any of their marketing materials or in their FCC ID filing. The Stripe link gave a phone number, but that one seems to be disconnected, or is blocking calls. I received one email reply when I asked about my order weeks ago, but no response to my email 4 days ago about the defect, and requesting a replacement.

FYI, this appears to be a 2 person company after researching it on LinkedIn, the FCC ID website data, and the Stripe Credit Card service that processed my credit card. They do not mention a phone number in any of their marketing materials or in their FCC ID filing. The Stripe link gave a phone number, but that one seems to be disconnected, or is blocking calls. I received one email reply when I asked about my order weeks ago, but no response to my email 4 days ago about the defect, and requesting a replacement.

It took me several weeks and several emails to get any response. They never actually responded in any way to my email about their wireless charging pad not working for the iPhone mini. But I finally did get a generic email saying I could return the item in “new unopened condition” which obviously means they never read my email. Apparently if it’s been opened they charge a restocking fee. And you end up paying for shipping both ways. Pissed off I also have a USB hub on order from them. Wish there was a way to cancel it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rogermoline?lang=en

This dude. But not sure if this will actually help anyone.

Also, I cringe posting this and bringing the argument back to life, but I have no ideas where the "owners daughter" chatter came to life. Mr. Moline graduated college in 2013, works to manufacture urns and usb hubs. First then the other, perhaps.

Order 175xxx from August...still nothing from Jeda. According to Jeda on 12/12:

"Orders in your batch are expected to finalize by next week! While orders in your batch began shipping on the 7th of December, we work chronologically and ship a certain amount each week. It will take us a few days to complete the remainder of the orders left"
Well another week has gone by and still no shipping notice. My batch must have been very large if they started shipping on 12/7 and they are still working on shipping this batch 2 weeks later.