Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeda USB group buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been thinking about grabbing one of those Jeda Model 3 USB hubs since they solve a lot of the concerns that I had for the small number of USB ports, particularly when one is taken up for dashcam/sentry duty. Postage to Australia seems to be a flat-rate US$28 (~A$40) priority, which is pretty steep on a US$79 (~A$115) hub, but perfectly reasonable on a larger order.

Jeda store

As well as the Model 3 USB hub, they also sell a spacer for people with phones with big cases, and a wireless charging pad.

I was wondering if anyone might be interested in geographically coordinated group buys? I for example, would happily coordinate and pay for an order of items for Melbourne, and we could use it as an excuse to do a Model 3 meet up or something to pass the units over.

Anyone interested in coordinating group buys in other regions, or joining mine for Melbourne?

Post the items that you are interested in when you reply to the thread.

Note that I have no connection to Jeda and expect to receive no benefit from this other than reducing my shipping down a little, which is more of a moral objection to high shipping that I have rather than an inability to afford it :)

Of course, depending on how popular this thread gets, I might be able to wangle a coupon code out of them and cut the price a little more as well.

I would be interested in the USB hub: Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub
However I am on Gold Coast, QLD, so unless there is a SE Queensland order it would need to be reshipped. Depending on the number of people ordering reshipping it in Australia might negate the savings on the shipping from USA, so let me know how many interested parties you get and if the shipping price from USA with the reshipping in Australia comes lower than direct shipping from USA?

@WoodWombat - I'd be in:

1 x Tesla Model 3 Wireless Charger
1 x Tesla Model 3 Spacer (free if added to cart with charger - code 'jedaspacer15')
1 x Tesla Model 3 USB Hub

No idea when I'll get my 3 but I guess it will come "one day"....loosing my S in a week to new owner and then stealing my wife's X a hell of a lot ;)

I would be interested in the USB hub: Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub
However I am on Gold Coast, QLD, so unless there is a SE Queensland order it would need to be reshipped. Depending on the number of people ordering reshipping it in Australia might negate the savings on the shipping from USA, so let me know how many interested parties you get and if the shipping price from USA with the reshipping in Australia comes lower than direct shipping from USA?

I'm the Sunshine Coast, I tried to order a hub online...

They did not ship to my address (or I stuffed something up)

I'll try again sometime, and perhaps try to contact them.

I did think of doing a bulk order and selling on Ebay, someone could do that..

EDIT:: So I am interested, especially if you have sorted out shipping from the US.

Last edited:
Hey mate - I'm Melbourne based and keen on the full spread.

1 x Tesla Model 3 Wireless Charger
1 x Tesla Model 3 Spacer (free if added to cart with charger - code 'jedaspacer15')
1 x Tesla Model 3 USB Hub

“Once in the checkout area, enter the code "jedabundle" for $25 off your total.”

Better discount for the bundle with this code. :cool:

I just wanted to add a potential warning. I ordered the hub and wireless charger in August and I still haven't received it.

In September they said they had some issues with the hub which they have fixed and would ship it shortly. In October I got an email saying it had shipped, the tracking information never updated. I emailed them and said they had forgotten to ship it and would do so asap.

So now it's November and I still have not received anything nor any updated tracking information.

I always have bad luck so hopefully everyone else has a better experience than me. Best of luck.

I just wanted to add a potential warning. I ordered the hub and wireless charger in August and I still haven't received it.

In September they said they had some issues with the hub which they have fixed and would ship it shortly. In October I got an email saying it had shipped, the tracking information never updated. I emailed them and said they had forgotten to ship it and would do so asap.

So now it's November and I still have not received anything nor any updated tracking information.

I always have bad luck so hopefully everyone else has a better experience than me. Best of luck.

Sounds unfortunate :(

For me I ordered 21 October 2019 and got this email on 26 October 2019

upload_2019-11-10_17-39-28.jpeg

there have been MANY others who had the same experience so beware. Just have a look at the forums and twitter for the number of people who waited for months, received nothing and wouldn’t even get replies to their emails.

it seems Jeda as a Tesla accessory supplier is following the same customer service model as Tesla.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: dasn and baillies
Don't want to deter folks away from jeda but came across Taptes demoed by Tesla Tom on ludicrous feed and currently they have them in stock and at 39.99 USD free delivery..not as good as the jeda one but order one yesterday ..suppose to show up in two weeks or so will let folks here know if I get it and in working order

TapTes Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3
Lots of interesting stuff there. Of course no USB hub thingy :-(

If I don't get a response to my email to Jeda, it may be that we just call this whole thing off. Sounds like a good product with poor support and sales staff.

• Informative
Reactions: Hungry Mile

Same scenario for me being November with no order sent, ordered in July and there was no update for weeks then a shipping confirmation email with a tracking number that never became live. They respond to maybe 30% of the emails I send and usually weeks after they've been sent and each time the reply contains no useful information apart from empty promises.

• Informative
So the day after making my warning post the original tracking number they gave me is finally showing some activity (its in transit in LA). But at this point I don't even know if that tracking number is still relevant to my order or not =/

I have the Jeda USB Hub and a Jeda (Gen 2) wireless charger and it's charging PAINFULLY slow. If I'm using my phone (iPhoneX) as a wifi hotspot, The Jeda wireless charger only just gives enough juice to keep the battery at the state of charge that it was when I put the phone down onto the charger in the first place.
I should also mention that im running a Samsung T5 SSD drive in the small hidden hole and im wondering if its that drive that's responsible for drawing too much power. I should also mention that im only running ONE phone to the charger, not two...
Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

• Informative
Don't want to deter folks away from jeda but came across Taptes demoed by Tesla Tom on ludicrous feed and currently they have them in stock and at 39.99 USD free delivery..not as good as the jeda one but order one yesterday ..suppose to show up in two weeks or so will let folks here know if I get it and in working order

TapTes Wireless Charging Pad for Tesla Model 3

Received the taptes wireless - works so if anyone else is interested - arrived within 2 weeks from order date - took recommendation from ludicrous feed - review here:

• Informative