Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeep to electrify all models by 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A full electric Wrangler would be my dream. I am having a hard time with letting go of my current jeep for electric.
Same here. I have a 20 year old Land Rover which I love but at 200,000 miles, I fear it won't live much longer. I'd love to have a BEV Land Rover but it doesn't seem like this will happen so I've order the Tesla Cybertruck which should be a good replacement.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Same here. I have a 20 year old Land Rover which I love but at 200,000 miles, I fear it won't live much longer. I'd love to have a BEV Land Rover but it doesn't seem like this will happen so I've order the Tesla Cybertruck which should be a good replacement.

Yeah, my jeep is an 08, with over 200,000 miles. It’s lifted with 37” tires and lots of mods. And lots of problems. It shouldn’t smell like smoke,right?

the Cybertruck is too far away for me, and too big to fit in a lot of the places I park

I am hoping the Y will work as my daily and I can keep the Jeep for weekends and rebuild it.

Wow. I have two Model S's and original Roadster. Been driving electric since a 2011 LEAF and never thought I'd go back to gas, but I ended up buying a 2014 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk over the summer - mostly for the off-road capabilities. I like the Jeep much more than I imagined - especially coming from Tesla's - and have taken it off-roading a couple times already on what I would consider tough trails (others with more off road experience would probably consider the trails easy).

However, in daily driving around the Big Island (where I keep the Jeep), I find it a frustrating that it's not electric and I hate going to the gas station. I've said multiple times I wish the Jeep were electric so this news is very exciting to me! If they use the Tesla skateboard design, there better some really good skid plates and strong battery protection for off-roading.

• Informative
Reactions: mspohr