TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Jim Cramer's take on Tesla's stock surge

Discussion in 'Video' started by ToddRLockwood, Aug 31, 2013.

1. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

2. stevezzzz

stevezzzz R;SigS;P85D;SigX

Cramer's a whack job, but in this instance a lovable, perceptive whack job. :biggrin:

3. No Tailpipe

No Tailpipe Member

Spot on. Wish I had bought more stock in April.

4. tigerade

tigerade Member

Great video and good analysis.

5. Soflason

Soflason Member

Ever since he test drove the car on CNBC a while back - he's really raved about the quality of the car itself. He even said he'd consider buying one.

But, this is the first time he's really, seriously gotten behind the TSLA the stock though... he used to call it a "cult stock" but I think he's coming around...

6. moollar

moollar Member

I think you're right. :)

I also think I'd need to watch that about 20 more times to pick up on every word that he said.....

7. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Many people call Cramer a contrarian analyst and he still has friends in Goldman Sachs. GS is the hired hedge for the topic of the Sr. notes topic in other threads.

8. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#8 brianman, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016
    While he sometimes has useful things to say and usually has entertaining things to see, he consistently is difficult to follow (for me at least). Elocution lessons would help. One of the more annoying aspects is that he lowers his volume at the interesting parts of many of his statements. It's like when you only hear the commercials because of the volume boost.

9. CapitalistOppressor

CapitalistOppressor Active Member

In fairness, even I've only recently come around to the idea of a current valuation in the $15-$20b range, and I've been heavily invested in the company since last year and feel fairly certain that I am a high information shareholder as opposed to just a fanboi.

Even so, I can fully appreciate the general sentiment that the stock is a bubble that is bound to burst, and I even think its reasonably likely to do so despite the fair argument in favor of the current valuation.

10. ToddRLockwood

ToddRLockwood Active Member

While you are probably correct, the real question is how much of a correction would we see? I'd be surprised to see more than a 20% haircut. I don't envision that people who've been in the stock since 2012, people who know the company and the product well, will dump their shares on a correction. Regardless of the valuation, Tesla's mission remains the same. I'd love to still own a position when Tesla reaches 1 million cars per year.

11. wycolo

wycolo Active Member

>I also think I'd need to watch that about 20 more times to pick up on every word that he said..... [moolar]

You can download his daily show (under 500mb and the price is right) :biggrin::

<feeds:Bookmarks%20Menu&podcast.cnbc.com/mmpodcast/lightninground.xml&uuid:86EA9B3E-D43F-4999-9978-42B0FD83857B>
    --

12. turbodreamer

turbodreamer Member

Cramer has changed quite a bit since his test drive in a model s and starting to see the whole picture.