Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jolt EV charging network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jolt with yet another type of charger in NZ - Mitre 10 Manukau. No advertising but stil a largish box.

Screenshot_20230207-182802~2.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
I cannot seem to find more detail and I don't think I have seen this mentioned here before but Jolt have also been awarded a contract to provide "NSW commuter carpark electric vehicle charging" which seems to have been awarded in June last year and published in August.
Note sure if this will be utilising Jolts 25KW DC chargers or just more typical AC charging, really should be AC charging for all day commuter parking.

Be interesting to see the setup given the green box is the other side of the footpath.
Maybe like Mona Vale Library?
Yes, same setup.

I went to charge there earlier this morning (surf was terrible so I had time for a drive down to Narrabeen) but couldn’t get it to work, despite it showing as available in the Jolt app: scanning the QR code on the charger failed - showed a red square on the screen after scanning where it usually shows a green one - and using the start charging button in the app after selecting the charger also failed to handshake the session start successfully.

I took a couple of photos and uploaded to PlugShare (link in a post above). Two problems right now with the charging stall: (1) it needs a bollard or a wheel stopper, or someone is going to drive into the charger, and (2) it drains really badly and there were several inches of water across most of the stall this morning, especially near the charger where you stand to get the charge handle and plug into the car.

i have emailed Jolt‘s support email alias a little while ago with the above stuff, and included the photos. Hopefully it will all get sorted out soon.

I cannot seem to find more detail and I don't think I have seen this mentioned here before but Jolt have also been awarded a contract to provide "NSW commuter carpark electric vehicle charging" which seems to have been awarded in June last year and published in August.
And now announced.

Looks like that Narrabeen charger is now working properly as well.

Looks like that Narrabeen charger is now working properly as well.
Yep, I haven’t been back down but have seen several successful check-ins on PlugShare and Jolt Support confirmed it was also all good now.

They also said this regarding the two problems/suggestions I had: “We have also passed along your recommendation for bollards to the appropriate team who will reach out to Council regarding the request. We are going to fix the bitumen at the site which will hopefully help with the drainage issue.

Reactions: Hairyman
Yep, I haven’t been back down but have seen several successful check-ins on PlugShare and Jolt Support confirmed it was also all good now.

They also said this regarding the two problems/suggestions I had: “We have also passed along your recommendation for bollards to the appropriate team who will reach out to Council regarding the request. We are going to fix the bitumen at the site which will hopefully help with the drainage issue.
Yep, I charged there today as I grabbed a coffee from the corner shop. One spot was iced but I can't blame them as there is no signage to say it is EV only. Also it does have woeful drainage so hopefully they do fix that too.

Dan Murphys now working with Jolt in NSW. First non-Ausgrid site in Sydney.

Dan Murphys now working with Jolt in NSW. First non-Ausgrid site in Sydney.
So is it Jolt or Evie? Just not Chargefox.

Reactions: moa999
I have written to both many local councils, and state and federal members of parliament regarding the huge gap in chargers within many local councils in the west of Victoria and today I received this attached to a letter I have received from one Federal MP (it doesnt state who owns the charger)