Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

JuiceBox Pro 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone out there own a JuiceBox Pro 75. By the specs it will max out a Model S or X charging at 75 AMPS or 18 kW (so they claim). I thought the Model S/X can go much higher then that but I would still like to know if anyone has the Pro 75 version and how it works. Thanks.

Older S and X models max out at 80A on AC chargers. Newer models with high amp chargers max out at 72A. However of a few months ago, all S/X models max out at a standard 48A. There are no more dual/high amp on board charger options.

Older S and X models max out at 80A on AC chargers. Newer models with high amp chargers max out at 72A. However of a few months ago, all S/X models max out at a standard 48A. There are no more dual/high amp on board charger options.

So it's true that this charger maxes out the Model S/X but is rated lower then a Supercharging station. I don't understand??

No 72A charger here. That is a rare option on a model S or X. My power company offers a $500 rebate for installing an EV charger so I just wanted to know all my options before buying one. The JuiceBox looks like a better charger then Tesla's but I wouldn't be able to take advantage of all the extra power.

No 72A charger here. That is a rare option on a model S or X. My power company offers a $500 rebate for installing an EV charger so I just wanted to know all my options before buying one. The JuiceBox looks like a better charger then Tesla's but I wouldn't be able to take advantage of all the extra power.

There are a lot of nice chargers, but remember you have to use an adapter. And the charge port will not automatically open if you are using anything other than the Tesla charger. Tesla charger cord sends a signal to open up your charge door when you push the button. It will add an extra step. I have a ChargePoint charger for another car, it has a lot of nice features, Wi-Fi, it’s own app, etc., but does not trigger the charge door.

I have an old Juicebox Pro 60A/15kW EVSE with WiFi; it allows me to charge both our Tesla and our Fiat (just not at the same time). My wife usually drives about 130 miles a day, and rarely do we need to charge faster than 28A overnight. One thing to caution you on is that in order to go beyond 40A, you will likely need to hardwire into a higher line of service. Most plugs max at 40A, and the charging receptacle (wand) will likely max at 40A or 48A. So if you're set on charging at rates above 40A, upgrades will be in order otherwise you ought to consider the Tesla HPWC.