Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just 4 days old - creaking from front/passenger LOUD!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
--Model 3 LR 2022--

So took delivery a few days ago and thought I heard some sort of creaking near passenger side door but wasn't too loud and was brief. As a couple days went by noticed it again but usually have music on so couldn't hear it too much.

Today, while I was picking something to listen too I heard it loudly and it got worse over bumps, not major bumps either. But more blatant with bumps on road. Uploaded video so hopefully it works.

I tried feeling around the door but didn't notice. Door opened and closed without sound. Maybe underneath issue?

Anyone else ever hear of this or have this on brand new vehicle they just took delivery on? Tried searching forum but were all from models people have for a while, nothing brand new - like delivery day new.

Sad that it has to go in for service and it's only 4 days old.

I have the same issue and have taken my car to the service center three times and they still weren’t able to fix it. Very frustrating and annoying! I’ve noticed when the weather is warmer (about 68 degrees F), this sound would occur persistently. When it’s colder, I don’t really hear it. Also, holding onto the door handle from the inside and pulling inward stops the noise.

Did you ever get it fixed? If so, may I know what the solution was? This is driving me nuts that they can’t identify and fix this after three tries.

Upvote 0
I have the same issue and have taken my car to the service center three times and they still weren’t able to fix it. Very frustrating and annoying! I’ve noticed when the weather is warmer (about 68 degrees F), this sound would occur persistently. When it’s colder, I don’t really hear it. Also, holding onto the door handle from the inside and pulling inward stops the noise.

Did you ever get it fixed? If so, may I know what the solution was? This is driving me nuts that they can’t identify and fix this after three tries.
Ya, they took it in, was the passenger seat track was loose, tightened, no issues since.

Reactions: richyrich
Upvote 0