Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just bought my first Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you to everyone on this forum. You've been a huge resource to learn more about Tesla and their cars.

I just placed an order on a MS 2016 CPO with AP2 that came with FSD. - I remember reading Tesla took this away for CPO's?

Can someone tell me what exactly I'm getting with FSD? My build sheet at checkout showed it being a $7,000 option with the original purchase of the car.

Also - AP2 with FSD, does this put me in the grey area with being able to upgrade to AP3?

TIA for you input.

Thank you to everyone on this forum. You've been a huge resource to learn more about Tesla and their cars.

I just placed an order on a MS 2016 CPO with AP2 that came with FSD. - I remember reading Tesla took this away for CPO's?

Can someone tell me what exactly I'm getting with FSD? My build sheet at checkout showed it being a $7,000 option with the original purchase of the car.

Also - AP2 with FSD, does this put me in the grey area with being able to upgrade to AP3?

TIA for you input.

Congrats! Irvine, CA. I know this area well. :) How did you order a 2016? Was there older inventory available from Tesla?

Mileage? Consider replacing the eMMC out of pocket right before any warranty expires.

I bet 75% likely FSD buyers get HW3 in 2021. And with it, 40% likely they get replaced cameras and 20% likely they get a free MCU2 retrofit.

I'll also bet 20% likely they get a FSD refund offer or a small credit toward a newer car in 2022 instead.

Where is the remainder? I'll bet only 5% likely in 2023 they are still waiting.

For perspective, I'll put 85% odds that MCU2 AP2.5 HW3 owners never get "sleep in the back" L5 much less robotaxi, even with HW4+ and that they have their own hundred page thread in 2023 with a new generation of outraged and shocked owners.

If you bought the car from a third party dealer who misrepresented that it "had" FSD originally even though it did not when purchased by the dealer then I am in the camp that the dealer needs to "replace" that feature for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: dbldwn02
Congrats! Irvine, CA. I know this area well. :) How did you order a 2016? Was there older inventory available from Tesla?

Yeah! My ideal combo popped up on ev-cpo and it doesn't come up too often. I had to jump on it before someone else did. There were no pictures, but i figured i'm only risking $100 order fee and could walk away if the car was in bad shape. Its a MS 2016 with 38K miles. Came with the 4 year/50K CPO warranty.

It was at the riverside warehouse and I chose to pick it up at the Costa Mesa delivery center

Reactions: Spacep0d and EV-CPO
Mileage? Consider replacing the eMMC out of pocket right before any warranty expires.

I bet 75% likely FSD buyers get HW3 in 2021. And with it, 40% likely they get replaced cameras and 20% likely they get a free MCU2 retrofit.

I'll also bet 20% likely they get a FSD refund offer or a small credit toward a newer car in 2022 instead.

Where is the remainder? I'll bet only 5% likely in 2023 they are still waiting.

For perspective, I'll put 85% odds that MCU2 AP2.5 HW3 owners never get "sleep in the back" L5 much less robotaxi, even with HW4+ and that they have their own hundred page thread in 2023 with a new generation of outraged and shocked owners.

If you bought the car from a third party dealer who misrepresented that it "had" FSD originally even though it did not when purchased by the dealer then I am in the camp that the dealer needs to "replace" that feature for you.

I hope so - there has to be a good amount of people with AP2 that paid money for FSD and are just waiting in this undefined grey area - can't imagine they just let this drag on?

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program nearly a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

Important distinction to avoid confusion: Tesla ended the CPO program nearly a year ago. What you're talking about is a used car and not a CPO which would normally denote a certain level of cosmetic inspection and refurbishment. What you're getting is a used car with a factory warranty against mechanical defects that likely hasn't even had the 70-point inspection done that they claim. It's important that you know you're buying a used car and inspect it thoroughly as any cosmetic issues are yours once you sign the paperwork. If you want them to fix anything ask before you sign paperwork and force them to put it in writing.

Right. So my used car warranty is another 4 years 50k miles from date of pickup, right?