Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

just gonna vent a sec (service related)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love my car, but getting your car serviced is so expensive and annoying. I just needed a place to come vent.

- I took delivery oct 31
- there are some problems I need to get fixed... weird sound like something is misaligned that snaps every time I accelerate, a couple scratches in the interior, misaligned trunk, etc. also bought some accessories that need installation
- I had a service appt in december and showed up but there were no loaners. I let the advisor know with how much I drive I need a loaner and he said he should have one for me in a couple weeks.
- it's now 2 months later and I keep getting the run around on loaners, different people say different things, no one can help me, so I guess I just have to give up on deal with uber credits.
- yesterday driving home from palm springs I blew a tire on the freeway
- waiting hours to get towed, taken to a service center with no info, couldn't get in contact with the service center for HOURS this morning so no one could confirm they had my car and they could fix it... I literally started trying random extensions and spoke to service stores in cleaveland and houston because no one in LA could get me to the service center I was trying to connect with (alhambra)
- gonna cost me 100s of dollars and had to cancel all my plans yesterday all because a) no spare in the car and b) other tire shops apparently can't replace tesla tires without ordering special parts

long story short... trying to speak to a human and get help is so freaking hard. I love the car, but damn, this is annoying.

Reactions: Barklikeadog
Most autos (I think over 80%) never use a spare tire. I think Tesla decided not to put in a heavy accessory that only
a small percentage use. I've had to change a couple and am sure glad I had them to use. Never will be without!

As for those other issues, sheesh, that sucks. People like to blow up dealerships, but their service centers will throw a tire on your
car and get you on your way without any drama. They have an interest in getting your future business. Hope it turns out ok.

Most autos (I think over 80%) never use a spare tire. I think Tesla decided not to put in a heavy accessory that only
a small percentage use. I've had to change a couple and am sure glad I had them to use. Never will be without!

As for those other issues, sheesh, that sucks. People like to blow up dealerships, but their service centers will throw a tire on your
car and get you on your way without any drama. They have an interest in getting your future business. Hope it turns out ok.
Thank you. Yeah I understand why they don’t include them in the cars but if it was easier to get them serviced at standard tire shops it’d make more sense to not include them in the car… the combo of not having a spare and it being impossible to get one on a Sunday really made it all extra tough.

Finally got through to the service center and they got the car turned around quickly. It’s just kind of mesmerizing to me that absolutely no one I spoke with at all the other service centers could connect me. Had to wait for the sales dept to open and they just transferred me right through. I get they want to do it all through the app but this process simply should not have been this difficult. And then they charge me almost $400 to get a new tire installed. Icing on the cake