Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got 2019.24.4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. More than 80% of the TeslaFI fleet are on 24.4, and more installs are happening every day.

There has been some discussion that some HW3 cars seem stuck on 2019.15 versions, but only a handful of the folks on TeslaFI are there.

View attachment 436158
I'm really wondering if those on the 2019.15.x branch - are those first people to stay on a branch developed only for HW3. The opposite wouldn't make sense, you don't run a test group, that's made up of the majority of your HW3 users. Alternatively, there's a hardware difference on cars produced since what looks like June of this year. Though that also seems unlikely, but not impossible, as what's another couple percent of cars that will need to have their computers upgraded come end-of-the-year'ish. The latter would make sense in terms of why cars were getting HW3, then apparently stopped and then started again - unless it was just a supply-side issue.

This update has been crippling to my vehicle. I left my home in Huntington Beach for a tedious drive to LA for a concert, excited to use AP so I wasn’t annoyed at the volatile stop and go traffic. Unfortunately my thoughts of an enjoyable AP guided freeway drive came to a halt, literally, 4 separate times until I completely stopped using AP. My passenger was afraid and so was I at the terrible phantom shitty breaking on a beautiful sunny day. I paid so much money for this car for its tech that does not work well, regardless of its “beta” status. Being on the 405 expressway and having the damn car slam on its breaks is insanely dangerous. I can honestly say after having close calls with gore points and now this unrelenting sudden breaking at 64mph, I’d rather sell the pos than use AP anymore. I’ve had the car roughly 3 months and it’s more of a pain in my ass to drive than it is to enjoy it. Supercharging in OC is like going to the jungle because the chargers are always backed up and I have to sit and wait 30 mins all the while watching people get into fights over who is next. Oh fun. Netflix while I wait? Why? So I can forget I’m next in line so I can get out to fight over my turn? This is getting ridiculous.

This update has been crippling to my vehicle. I left my home in Huntington Beach for a tedious drive to LA for a concert, excited to use AP so I wasn’t annoyed at the volatile stop and go traffic. Unfortunately my thoughts of an enjoyable AP guided freeway drive came to a halt, literally, 4 separate times until I completely stopped using AP. My passenger was afraid and so was I at the terrible phantom shitty breaking on a beautiful sunny day. I paid so much money for this car for its tech that does not work well, regardless of its “beta” status. Being on the 405 expressway and having the damn car slam on its breaks is insanely dangerous. I can honestly say after having close calls with gore points and now this unrelenting sudden breaking at 64mph, I’d rather sell the pos than use AP anymore. I’ve had the car roughly 3 months and it’s more of a pain in my ass to drive than it is to enjoy it. Supercharging in OC is like going to the jungle because the chargers are always backed up and I have to sit and wait 30 mins all the while watching people get into fights over who is next. Oh fun. Netflix while I wait? Why? So I can forget I’m next in line so I can get out to fight over my turn? This is getting ridiculous.

Take a breath and try to relax a bit. No idea what's causing the issues with your AP, but I just got back from a 3200 mile road trip and used AP the entire time without a single incident of phantom braking, so it does work... something just clearly isn't right with yours. Have you tried rebooting and seeing if that makes any difference? (Genuinely asking... rebooting can fix a bunch of little issues.)

• Informative
Reactions: silenteski

The sell it and get something different. No need to ramble on venting here. In the long history of vehicle powertrains and autonomous driving capabilities, we're still very much in "early adopter" phase, and thus Teslas aren't for everyone. I tell that to people all the time.

Curious... if you live in OC, why would you need to supercharge there? Why not at home overnight?

Agree they are terribly backed up - especially HB/Costa Mesa and Santa Ana/Mainplace. Westminster is much better but the chargers are only 72 kWh.

Reactions: calidreamz808
Anecdotal evidence - my car did not have the current firmware nor map data. Scheduled, via phone app, an appointment for software upgrade. It happened quickly (well after I resolved my WiFi issue at home). Same deal for nav data, it was not updating and I was checking it daily. Scheduled a service appointment (again via app) yesterday and this am the map data had refreshed.

Coincidence? It's weird when you schedule for Software, you still need to select a service center or date/time for mobile service to come to you.

Mine is behaving the same. Terrible this time. Random stopping on the freeway like it never has before and phantom braking galore. I’ll try to reboot and see if the same continues tomorrow. FSD, LR AWD, 19”, HW 2.5

Mine is behaving the same. Terrible this time. Random stopping on the freeway like it never has before and phantom braking galore. I’ll try to reboot and see if the same continues tomorrow. FSD, LR AWD, 19”, HW 2.5

I went halfway to LA and stopped trying to use it. It wrecked my nerves and I was super excited to use AP that day bc I knew the traffic would suck and I could just sit back and not have leg fatigue with stop/ go. When I was actually able to go speed limit, 4x it did this and was really bad.

I saw a fist fight at the Santa Ana chargers. I was like holy hell really people!???? I left and was like f it. I’ll run on E.

They sometimes have a person there to coordinate. But it is very inconsistent. And there are frequently one or two broken ones, so it confuses the order of who came in when (ie people try them then try to return to their place in line, so the order is chaotic). It’s a mess.

Reactions: calidreamz808
No wonder they’re always full ;)

What do you propose I do then? Doesn’t Tesla want the world to adopt electric vehicles? Your comment insinuates that I shouldn’t charge at a supercharger yet I can’t charge at home. So which is it, buy an ICE car because I can’t afford a min of 1 million for a house in California or perhaps Tesla should develop their network...or upgrade these slow ass chargers.