Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got navigation data update NA-2019.20-10487

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
Just got a new navigation update 2019.20. I am hoping it will improve NOA. I have not had a chance to test it yet. Anyone else got this new Nav data and did you see any improvement in NOA? Could this new nav data be used for "city NOA" whenever that is released?

So far, I noticed a change in speed limit accuracy. There are several locations in my frequent routes where there is a sign where there is a speed change which is followed by another sign indicating the same new speed shortly there after. Very often the new speed does not show up on the car until the second sign is passed.
Just noticed a spot where that always happens and now it doesn’t. The speed now changes as soon as I hit the first sign.
I’ll have to check some of the other places when I go by them.
I have one spot where the speed limit is just wrong and I have been using the voice command bug report feature to send the information to Tesla.
I recently learned from someone at Tesla that bug reports or simply stored in the car for access by Tesla if necessary with the exception speed limit bug reports which are passed on to Google for them to make the change if they see fit. So it makes me wonder where the speed limit data comes from (Garmin or Google or both)?

What firmware are you on?

I'm on 2019.24.4, but my maps is still on NA-2019.6-10236.
I’m on 2019.24.4 as well on both our Model S & 3. The Model S is on NAV-2019.20-10487. I haven’t looked on the Model 3 to see what Nav Version it is on, although it is also on 2019.24.4. I will check when my wife gets home with the Model 3
Just wanna add that I have been monitoring the speed limits on my Model S and have noticed that it is actually switching to the changed speed limit before it passes the sign. Almost as if it is reading the speed limit signs, which I thought was not yet enabled on AP2 due to a patent issue with mobile-eye.
Definitely much better and more precise than it ever was before.

Argh the street around my house still says Bueno Vista Rd, and on the other it says Buena. Map update still didn't fix the spelling. It's just annoying hearing the nav system saying the wrong name of the road I drive on a lot.
I wonder who Tesla buys the maps from. You would have to contact them to have them update the spelling.

When we first moved to our house in a newly formed community - for years everyone coming to our house would get lost because the GPS systems would taken them to a wrong place. The mapping software would just quietly replace NE with SE and they would end up in a different part of the city. ;)

Any map updates yet in 2020? My neighborhood has an entire route thru a recent (16 months ago) built subdivision which I usually use. Its all “off road” according to Tesla maps. Apple maps show these streets perfect.

Last edited: