Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation update clears staged firmware update (2023.44.1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

stopcrazypp

Dec 8, 2007
I was going to install 2023.44.1 (update prior to recall) that was staged for my car for a while, but today it did a navigation update (to 2023.20-14566). I'm still on 2022.44.25.3 for the firmware. That seemed to have cleared the firmware update that was pending (maybe because navigation update takes up a lot of space). It'll be interesting to see what I will be staged for next. I was hoping to void the recall update for a while, just for others to work out the bugs first and for more people to review if there are any hidden negatives.

Seeing how slow the navigation update went (peaked at around 700 KB/s, then eventually went down to 130 KB/s), I left the driver door open overnight to keep the car awake for the update (this seems to have worked, I checked up occasionally and the car never went to sleep while it was updating, even though screen turned off). Car seems to have went to sleep by itself after update finished successfully (just as I hoped it did).

Another weird thing happened, got staged for 2023.44.30.14 (recall update), it started downloading. Left it to download while charging. Came back to software screen and the download disappeared. Left it to keep charging to hopefully reload. Then came back and it staged 2023.38.9.1 (December update prior to recall), which is exactly the one I wanted, so I left the door open to let it download and paused charging to let it install.