Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got the call!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the wee hours this morning, the web portal changed for full payment, no email, no call, no text since 2/26 - so I knew something was up. This afternoon around 5pm I'm prepping my M3 to sell this afternoon, we get the call from Tesla saying our MY is ready and we can pick it up tomorrow!! Barely got a get word in, but managed to remind them I have trade-in, and haven't even got my MVPA to give to the bank. "oh I'll send that to right now. I'll send an email when I'm done updating your configuration to accept a trade in, upload your photos, VIN, etc." I'm now scheduled for Tuesday 12:30pm. Web portable guides me to enter banking info, payoff for trade in, upload photos, etc. So, will have them look at my car for trade and see what they'll give me I had a separate quote from Tesla for $42,710, so its low, but may just go for it avoid the hassle of private sale.

4/15/19 - reservation
2/26/20 - invite to order and calendar availability for March delivery
3/22/20 - call for delivery

In the wee hours this morning, the web portal changed for full payment, no email, no call, no text since 2/26 - so I knew something was up. This afternoon around 5pm I'm prepping my M3 to sell this afternoon, we get the call from Tesla saying our MY is ready and we can pick it up tomorrow!! Barely got a get word in, but managed to remind them I have trade-in, and haven't even got my MVPA to give to the bank. "oh I'll send that to right now. I'll send an email when I'm done updating your configuration to accept a trade in, upload your photos, VIN, etc." I'm now scheduled for Tuesday 12:30pm. Web portable guides me to enter banking info, payoff for trade in, upload photos, etc. So, will have them look at my car for trade and see what they'll give me I had a separate quote from Tesla for $42,710, so its low, but may just go for it avoid the hassle of private sale.

4/15/19 - reservation
2/26/20 - invite to order and calendar availability for March delivery
3/22/20 - call for delivery
Tell me your car is either black or has a white interior!!

I got a call today (Nevada #) just to confirm my details. No delivery date, no vin, no timeline. They just wanted to check details...that's it.

That's just brutal. no info from their side...

What a mess TESLA is in. I do understand the monumental pressure to meet the EOQ numbers alongside COVID-19 that's dragging them down.

Easier said than practical for TESLA, Though I do think, some clarity in communication would be better.

I just got a call as well. 775 area code. Ordered 2/23. Got the get ready for delivery email on 3/10. Still no vin assigned, but the gentleman said it would be assigned today or tomorrow. Delivery by the end of March.

Blue/Long range w/Performance package/white interior

I got a call today (Nevada #) just to confirm my details. No delivery date, no vin, no timeline. They just wanted to check details...that's it.
You might be getting really close.

They called last Thursday and by Friday the web page changed with a MVPA and I was able to pay. Got the text this morning that it will be delivered to my house in 3-5 days.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: beezy and jb401
You might be getting really close.

They called last Thursday and by Friday the web page changed with a MVPA and I was able to pay. Got the text this morning that it will be delivered to my house in 3-5 days.
@liuping I'm in SD, too. What are your specs? I got the call on Thursday also... I was told I should hear from the delivery center "soon". Nothing has changed on my page; still "drafting your contract". Did you opt for home delivery or were you deferred? I thought Carlsbad Center was still open...

@liuping I'm in SD, too. What are your specs? I got the call on Thursday also... I was told I should hear from the delivery center "soon". Nothing has changed on my page; still "drafting your contract". Did you opt for home delivery or were you deferred? I thought Carlsbad Center was still open...
I did not request home delivery, they just said in the text this morning it would be delivered to my home in 3-5 days. They said the contract would be ready onto sign on the 26th and it would be delivered to my driveway after that. I don't even need to be home. I have 24 hours after delivery to accept it.

That's just brutal. no info from their side...

What a mess TESLA is in. I do understand the monumental pressure to meet the EOQ numbers alongside COVID-19 that's dragging them down.

Easier said than practical for TESLA, Though I do think, some clarity in communication would be better.

Totally agree. Also understand everyone is dealing with a complex and evolving situation, so I didn't press the guy on the other end of the line too hard :). Patience is a virtue...I guess