Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got the text to schedule delivery...!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our White, LR awd, BKL interior, Gemini wheeled MY is inbound to Burbank and they want to schedule a "touchless delivery experience".

If anyone has already had this experience can you please share you thoughts and what to look for as in "areas of concern".

Thanks

Anyone know if CA requires full payment before delivery is scheduled? I'm at the submit final payment stage...

Yes they do. You'll get an email explaining the process, but it's sort of confusing.

First they ask you to sign a contract, but when I asked how, they said that it isn't necessary since I'm paying cash.

They they said I have to click "Accept Delivery" after I made the final payment via ACH. After I did that today, they said I didn't have to click "Accept Delivery".

They said that I can unlock the car with the app when I get to the Delivery Center since there won't be anyone there. When I pointed out that the car isn't on my app, they said don't worry someone will be there to unlock for you if you show your ID.

We'll see how it goes tomorrow when I pick it up. Fingers crossed.

Cliff

What are you having wrapped? Windows tinting? If I can ask ... cost?
I’m in So Cal and expect delivery soon and am looking for good company to do wrap!
Thanks

Sorry for perhaps an ignorant question, but, from what I understand wrap is to protect the paint? Why not use the car as is, then if paint starts getting bad wrap it at that point (like a fresh coat of paint)? Or better yet re-paint it at a shop that does better job than tesla?

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC
The Tesla paint quality and quality control is apparently pretty poor, and the wrap is to protect the front of the vehicle from paint damage due to road debris.

Not to be picky, but there is nothing at all wrong with the paint. It's all about how the paint is applied, and of course the quality control (or lack thereof) that follows. When the Model 3 was first released, it was pretty bad. But it's gotten a lot better.

I think most folks get wraps because they want a color change. Most get PPF to protect against rocks, tree sap, UV fading etc., and not because of a poor paint job.

We got ours and relieved to say no issues - car is all but perfect with nice even panel gaps. Only slight issue is the rear hatch, one side is a tad higher than the other by a little bit, I can probably adjust the rubber bumpers to get it perfect.

Reactions: Relayer
What are you having wrapped? Windows tinting? If I can ask ... cost?
I’m in So Cal and expect delivery soon and am looking for good company to do wrap!
Thanks
I am taking delivery on Thursday and have a Friday appointment to get the XPEL wrap. I'm not wrapping it because of poor paint quality, I am wrapping it to protect my investment. I don't want to see small dings and road rash and have my wife asking me whether it can be taken to the body shop, I want to pay up front and hopefully forget about it for many years. I've never had a wrap or a ceramic coating before but once I researched it I feel it is exactly what we need for our new Y. It will not just protect it from road rash and fingernail or key scratches, it will greatly reduce rain spotting and make hand-washing much easier.