Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just got VIN and delivery date (tomorrow) after speaking to Sales person

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And somehow im not happy about that, VIN is 110xxx and Sales guy told me only Home delivery is possible.

Other then that, he said it will take 4-6 weeks for VIN and delivery and just one hour after our conversation i got VIN and delivery date.

Not sure what is going on

He also said no return/rejecting policy, once they drop the car in front of my house thats i!

wow

And somehow im not happy about that, VIN is 110xxx and Sales guy told me only Home delivery is possible.

Other then that, he said it will take 4-6 weeks for VIN and delivery and just one hour after our conversation i got VIN and delivery date.

Not sure what is going on

He also said no return/rejecting policy, once they drop the car in front of my house thats i!

wow
Huh? Why is home delivery your only option?

I was initially offered the home delivery option (Tesla Direct) but they changed to showroom pick up when they realized I was trading in a vehicle (which Tesla Direct does not support).

When I did ask, they noted that a rep was going to meet me during drop off to inspect the vehicle before they left.

This must be specific to your service center. I have a pending order for another MY and I went to my local center today and they had a car on the lot with my exact configuration. I was originally on hold for a March delivery (lease turn-in wife’s car) but the car on the lot was in perfect condition. So, they assigned me the VIN and scheduled my delivery for Saturday at 2:00PM. They also told me I could decline the delivery and wait for another car in March if I prefer. I thought they were very helpful.... They basically locked up the car for me while I work to get my current car turned in early.

Reactions: DanDi58
When I was ready to collect my car I asked for home delivery and they told me SC pickup only. This was January 4th. My friend got his the last week of Dec and they allowed home delivery. We both live in the same area.

I feel that it’s the direction the wind blows that dictates this process. Lol

Reactions: Tedkidd
Also got a text a couple of days ago for Home Delivery which I didn’t expect as I was due to pick up from the Burbank Delivery Center (which is about 10 miles from where I live). I texted my sales advisor and he said:

“They are starting to push home deliveries more now for some strange reason. But only if you live within 20 miles of a delivery center”.

Not sure if this is a good thing or a not so good thing in terms of having the opportunity to check the car at the service centers before driving it off the lot.

Reactions: Tedkidd
hey guys just got message delivery is this Friday.
Tesla sent me financial agreement to sign and asking for bank account.

I will give them cash check and rest will be finance.

But im confused, can i click on ACCEPT "Lending Agreement" at the time of delivery and not now?

What if something is wrong with the car and i already accepted Lending Agreement ?

I have read somewhere that people rejected delivery but got to pay their monthly amount after.

Same thing goes with down payment, i will give them check at the time of delivery after seeing car, am i right?