Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just left the Dedham MA SC - People were loosing their *$@t

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wish they would open a SC on the North Shore. Due to Boston traffic both Watertown and Dedham are a pain to get to if you’re past the 93/95 interchange. Hopefully someday they’ll be able to expand their footprint especially with the number of Model 3s arriving in northern New England.
There will eventually be a supercharger site in Woburn near the 93/95 interchange. It is permitted, but construction hasn't started yet. At least as of a few weeks ago.

Dedham is where I go for any service, and they are great. Remember that like any tech device it may take a while to master all the options and functions. It took me about a year before I could quickly find everything in the Model S I have . The service people may not be driving that 600 mi trip or the daily commute as often as owners. That's why I always go to the forums re Tesla first. I also tell any new owners the same.
I haven't met an employee at the Dedham SC I didn't like. Until the Warwick RI SC opens, I'll be going to Dedham.

• Informative
Reactions: David29 and jlv1
I haven't met an employee at the Dedham SC I didn't like. Until the Warwick RI SC opens, I'll be going to Dedham.
I have always had good experiences at Dedham. My car was delivered there and has been there for routine service and minor repairs about 6-7 times in three years.

As to charging there, i did notice that today the Dedham supercharger site is listed as out of service on the navigation map, probably because of the continuing volume of new car deliveries and the crowded site conditions.

Reactions: jlv1
As to charging there, i did notice that today the Dedham supercharger site is listed as out of service on the navigation map, probably because of the continuing volume of new car deliveries and the crowded site conditions.

Just came from Dedham and as I was driving out I noticed they had a sign up saying supercharging was limited to 40 minutes. I'd highly recommend any travelers not depend on this charger during business hours.

Just came from Dedham and as I was driving out I noticed they had a sign up saying supercharging was limited to 40 minutes. I'd highly recommend any travelers not depend on this charger during business hours.
The service center personnel should obey that when they plug in cars in for service so their customers don't get Supercharger Overage fees.

Reactions: David29
The service center personnel should obey that when they plug in cars in for service so their customers don't get Supercharger Overage fees.
I agree that they should obey the rule out of charging etiquette, but I'm not worried about overage fees. If the car is in "service mode" does it even incur fees? Even if they take it out of "service mode" in anticipation of the customer picking it up, it's pretty easy to determine when the customer actually revived the car. No way I'd pay an overage fee for an infraction that occurred whilst it was in their custody.