Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just order my X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just ordered my wife a Model X on Monday! I already got a VIN! I cant believe how fast things are moving compared to when I bought my S back in 2018, I waited 3 months! I am assuming the configuration I ordered has already been built so maybe delivery will be less than 2 weeks!

I decided to buy now because you will never see a price/range so good as of now. There are a few inside Tesla sources that post on Reddit and say that battery day is more about lowering costs for Tesla and not about huge jumps in Range. The plaid version talks are the biggest news coming, but this is going to be another $140K + vehicle.. Today we can buy a 355 mile Model X (according to Elon, more than 355 miles with software update) starting at $79k.. Thats going to hold value no matter what comes out soon.

I also

Did you forget to finish your post? :D

Anyway Congrats!

haha oops!

I also had a question for model X people. How did you decide on 6/7 seat? I was totally sold on 7 seats. We have two kids, 3 and 5 and we just assumed the 7 would be great for hauling stuff but after reading countless reviews about how great the 6 seat is we just said screw it and got the 6. Neither of us have ever seen the inside of any Model X but looks pretty close to the S right?

We love the space our 6 seat MX offers. Think bigger, cozier MS. The only advantage of the 7 seat is the ability of the seats to fold flat, which is cool when you need to haul stuff. But as far as passenger comfort, the 6 seater is much better IMO, especially with kids as young as yours, they’ll be much comfortable in their car seats. Enjoy!

I a
Thanks for your reply very valuable information - it appears that the long-term resale-value strength of the Model X SUV will remain one of the strongest in the market.

I am trying to sort out resale value. Based on the current 80,000 base price resale looks strong. The part I can’t narrow down is what price range were most of these cars selling for in 2016/17. I looked at a 2017 used P100D that had a sticker price of 134,000. Were they selling for that at the time or were there discounts?

To add to the above post asking prices on 2016’s are dipping into the high 40,000 on Tesla’s resale sight. I am wondering if a car that is well sorted at those prices might be the bargain. Range is not critical for my use. I know the autopilot is not as capable but that is ok. There were issues on the doors. Were those software fixes only or are there hardware changes on the newer car doors.

If you're looking for value, a CPO older X maybe your best bet. Doors had issues in the earlier models, but if the previous owner cared for it, they would've had them sorted by now. There's a video by electrek on YouTube that shows their 400,000+ mile 2016 Model X and the repairs that was done to it. Too lazy to search and link, but I highly recommend it to get a good idea.

Obviously buying new gets you all the best bells and whistles but you stand to get hit the most on depreciation. But again, not as much as a comparable legacy luxury brand.

Tesla is pushing sale because it is near to the end of 2nd uarter. Used Tesla car Prices are decreasing every day.
When you buy used Tesla, pay attention for warranty.
If mileage is less than 50k, warranty is 4 years
If mileage is more than 50k, warranty is only 2 years and price is reduced significantly.

We love the space our 6 seat MX offers. Think bigger, cozier MS. The only advantage of the 7 seat is the ability of the seats to fold flat, which is cool when you need to haul stuff. But as far as passenger comfort, the 6 seater is much better IMO, especially with kids as young as yours, they’ll be much comfortable in their car seats. Enjoy!
Another advantage of the fold flat seats in a 5/7 is the ability to use the X as an RV of sorts (for 2 people camping). Can’t do that with a six seater...

Reactions: gigawatt1010

We ordered a 6 seater yesterday for that reason: passenger comfort. Wife, myself, 7 month old, and 2 dogs.

She has a Chevy Colorado for hauling things in the meantime....while she waits to finalize her order on the Cybertruck.

Reactions: gigawatt1010
I just ordered my wife a Model X on Monday! I already got a VIN! I cant believe how fast things are moving compared to when I bought my S back in 2018, I waited 3 months! I am assuming the configuration I ordered has already been built so maybe delivery will be less than 2 weeks!

I decided to buy now because you will never see a price/range so good as of now. There are a few inside Tesla sources that post on Reddit and say that battery day is more about lowering costs for Tesla and not about huge jumps in Range. The plaid version talks are the biggest news coming, but this is going to be another $140K + vehicle.. Today we can buy a 355 mile Model X (according to Elon, more than 355 miles with software update) starting at $79k.. Thats going to hold value no matter what comes out soon.

I also
But is battery day actually going to be soon, or will he just push it out again?!
Great point and I have the free super charge as well and I think they've stopped offering it again. Isn't this a significant value even with battery day coming?