Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered a 2023 M3P. Is it similar to 2022 in terms of winter whee/tire setup?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't imagine why the basic parameters would have changed. You probably want to go to at least a 19 if not an 18-in wheel to gain tolerance for impacts potholes etc, avoid super wide tires and depending on how much snow you get either an all season or a dedicated snow. The best all around all season Tire from the standpoint of balanced performance is probably the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. But it is not a range champ nor a snow champ either. Decent on both but not the best.

Reactions: francis_a
Yes, if you looking at another pair of wheels, I'm guessing you're going with a set of winter tires, which really are much much better than all seasons in the snow and ice. I went with 19s as I found a lot better selection of tires in the 19 in sizes. Some 18s will fit, but not all. If you go with 18s make sure when you have them balanced that they put the weights on the outside of the barrel so the wheel weights don't hit the calipers. On the Performance models, there is also a 3mm lip on the hub so you need wheels that will fit that our you need 3 mm spacers which will close the gap and allow you to use more standard wheels. On my 23, I went with some Apex wheels since I have good experience with them in the past and like their designs. I used hub centric rings that were designed for the M3P and have had no issues. Make sure you also have lugs that fit any new wheels too by the way.

If you're in New England, I would get dedicated winter snow tires. 18" or 19" aftermarket wheels (OEM Tesla won't fit) that are compatible with M3P (look into T Sportline wheels). Michelin X-Ice or Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 come to mind.

If you're looking for All-Season tires for whatever reason, I would get the Michelin CrossClimate 2, or at least something with a 3PMSF symbol.

To answer your question directly - there is no difference between 2022 and 2023.

Thanks @Clover and @evroro

Looks like 19s would best to go with. TSportline, Apex, or MSW are what I'm looking at. Yes, these we be for a dedicated winter setup. Though I live in the MA South Shore, we frequently travel north to VT, NH and ME to go skiing.
I had a bad experience with MSW wheels. I had them for about 3 months and then all four wheels bent in about the space of 2 weeks. That was very unusual to me as I've never had a bent wheel before let alone 4 in the space of two weeks. I might try TSportline because a lot of people seem to be happy with them.

I had a bad experience with MSW wheels. I had them for about 3 months and then all four wheels bent in about the space of 2 weeks. That was very unusual to me as I've never had a bent wheel before let alone 4 in the space of two weeks. I might try TSportline because a lot of people seem to be happy with them.
Save your money up for a really well made forged wheel. The problem with saving money on aftermarket wheels as you oftentimes get something that's just as vulnerable as the crappy OEM wheel and almost as heavy. Some of the so-called Barrel rolled Wheels are a little bit stronger and can be good values offering a good compromise of some significant weight loss, a little bit better impact resistance and resistance to deformation and cost. There are a number of high value forged wheels that are actually less than or about the same price as the OEM wheels from tesla. Whatever you do don't replace OEM with overpriced OEM.