Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Owner greeting + Tire/wheel help (again, I'm sorry!)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gonna need a source on 19lb or 20" wheels. The only ones I can find are carbon fiber, and thus $5K per wheel or more.

The impact of 10lbs per wheel is hotly debated around here. The math doesn't show more than about 1% increase (.03 seconds off 0-60).

Look at TSportline.com for just one example. 19.7 lbs for a 20" wheel.

Look at TSportline.com for just one example. 19.7 lbs for a 20" wheel.
Which wheel? Tsportlline sells many, and I saw none near 19 lbs in 20"

TSportline's $7000 carbon fiber wheels are 20.25lbs each:

Which wheel? Tsportlline sells many, and I saw none near 19 lbs in 20"

TSportline's $7000 carbon fiber wheels are 20.25lbs each:
Here you go, $3,995 for a set of 4. TXL115 20" Tesla Model 3 Fully Forged Lightweight Tesla Wheel (Set of 4)

• Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
Man, $4K for wheels. If your goal is to go faster around a corner, you can spend your money a lot better than that.
If your goal is just to have smaller, more robust wheels on a car the OP already thinks is too fast, these are just hilarious suggestions.
But I guess it is true, you can find "19 lb range" wheels for under $5K.

Man, $4K for wheels. If your goal is to go faster around a corner, you can spend your money a lot better than that.
If your goal is just to have smaller, more robust wheels on a car the OP already thinks is too fast, these are just hilarious suggestions.
But I guess it is true, you can find "19 lb range" wheels for under $5K.
Haha yea the 900 dollar 20 inchers ain't gonna happen. Never said the car was "toooo" fast though. 😂

At Discount Tire as we speak getting the 18 inch ultraform installed with blizzaks. Moment of truth on fitment in about 30 min!

So much for "all seasons" and selling the Uberturbines I guess?
You're gonna destroy those blizzaks if you drive them all year round.
Success!

Yea decided to just get 18s for winter. I'll try to sell the 20s in the meantime and get dedicated 19 inch summers if I do. If I can't sell these at a decent price I'll just keep em.

Either way I think I'm happy now with two sets of season specific wheel/tire combos after all the back n forth second guessing myself.

Edit:. I guess main factor was finding the konigs on Facebook for 500 bucks. And got a discount on the winter wheels as well. With TPMS etc I got it all done for 1800 bucks. Can't complain

Reactions: NoDrama and TimTam