Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered Model S CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@IslandHydro Yes, it's a regular 75. For some reason I assumed that all 2016 MS can do 0-60 in 4.2 secs. At first, I was disappointed to find out that it's only standard for cars made after Oct 2016. Or you can uncork a 75D. Neither of which applies to my car. However, after driving it for a few days, I'm pretty happy with the torque. I'm also happy to report that it feels much much faster than my E550. But to be fair, the Mercedes is over 8 years old now with 88k miles. I think part of the problem is that, unlike the Mercedes, there is no huffing and puffing, no drama, no engine revving sounds, which at first I mistook for a lack of adequate acceleration. But, after living with the car for a few days, it definitely takes off faster than the Merc, albeit with no theatrics :)

So far, I'm really impressed and love driving this car. Do I wish I had gotten a later 2016 model with 4.2 secs 0-60? Heck ya! But is it still faster than 90% of the cars on the road? Heck ya! Do I really need anything faster? Not really :)

Reactions: IslandHydro
BTW, the slide tray cover in the center console is not a matching carbon fiber finish. I guess they only started matching it in 2017? Anyways, I thought I could go to Tesla's website and order one, but can't seem to find it over there. Does anyone know where I can buy it? Also, is it easy to install it myself or should I take it to SC? Thanks in advance.

Glad you both ended up with great cars! I am shopping for a P85D on the East coast and nearly every car I request pictures of has curb rash, dents and scratches. Is Tesla doing any refurbishing at all? This is the kind of stuff even a normal dealer with used cars would take care of with non-cpo cars.

Thanks
I had the same experience. I could not go for the extra bucks of a "P" and wanted nothing older than 2016. I looked and looked and settled on a 90D with 294 mile range for 16000 miles. I found that I had to look at higher prices models to find ones where the pictures did not show curb rash and/or exterior body damage.

I recently bought a 11/13 produced MS 85. The car looked great from the pictures, but found a few flaws in person including the following: a few smudges on the headliner, a few frayed stitching near the B-pillar seat belt column, driver side fender slightly misaligned, rear defroster not working, low coolant warning when parked on a steep incline, and 3 out of 4 wheels with light curb rash. I feel like I got a bargain at just under $40K because the car does exactly what we need it to do: clear our steep driveway (GPS air suspension helps a lot), ability to Supercharge, and triple the range of our Fiat 500e. We test drove the P100D with Ludicrous and found ourselves happiest on "Chill mode," clearly a base S without AP would suffice. As for the curb rash, I've found 19" powdercoated replacement wheels locally for $900-$1.200 depending on wheel model that could entice me, but honestly with previously curbed wheels I don't have a fear of further curbing them. They say the first cut is the deepest and perhaps that's true.

I'm hoping to get at least 5 years out of this MS and then look to see upgrade for greater range and faster charging, but for now the ability to charge upwards of 110kWh has me in awe.