Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just ordered used Y, but not showing up in Tesla account?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

tander

Jul 23, 2012
Just ordered a used Y yesterday. Got confirmation email asking me to fill out info in Tesla account for delivery etc, but when I click on it there's nothing in the account or dashboard showing I ordered it. Spent a good hour on the phone with Tesla today and nobody was interested/able to help. Any thoughts? Kinda disappointed this is the sort of time waste I expect from a dealership.

Just ordered a used Y yesterday. Got confirmation email asking me to fill out info in Tesla account for delivery etc, but when I click on it there's nothing in the account or dashboard showing I ordered it. Spent a good hour on the phone with Tesla today and nobody was interested/able to help. Any thoughts? Kinda disappointed this is the sort of time waste I expect from a dealership.
What did they say on the phone?

is there an order number in your email? If so, you should be able to get to the webpage with your car
Oh yeah thanks I have the confirmation email but when I click the link it just goes to my account and it's blank so I dunno I guess I just wait and see what happens I don't want to waste more time trying to figure it out. I know Tesla is all about making high margin evs and not really a luxury thing but this seems kinda crazy.

Oh yeah thanks I have the confirmation email but when I click the link it just goes to my account and it's blank so I dunno I guess I just wait and see what happens I don't want to waste more time trying to figure it out. I know Tesla is all about making high margin evs and not really a luxury thing but this seems kinda crazy.
What happens when you are logged into your Tesla account and you add your RNnumber to this URL and go to the page? (Replace all of this “insert RNnumber here” with the RN+numbers)

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/profile?rn=“insert RNnumber here”

Reactions: tander
What happens when you are logged into your Tesla account and you add your RNnumber to this URL and go to the page? (Replace all of this “insert RNnumber here” with the RN+numbers)

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/profile?rn=“insert RNnumber here”
It goes to the dashboard, and there's no mention of the new RN number, just the cyber reservation I've had for ages. I guess it probably just needs some time to get through the system? Some other forums mentioned similar probs with leased cars which I guess this car was previously, kinda flying blind though so we'll see what happens I guess, kinda surprised the sales advisor just kinda went dark on me though.

Reactions: WyoDude
It goes to the dashboard, and there's no mention of the new RN number, just the cyber reservation I've had for ages. I guess it probably just needs some time to get through the system? Some other forums mentioned similar probs with leased cars which I guess this car was previously, kinda flying blind though so we'll see what happens I guess, kinda surprised the sales advisor just kinda went dark on me though.
Hmm interesting indeed. I would physically go to your local SC/showroom if possible

Reactions: tander