Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just placed an order for TM3 SR+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:

6/21: SMS "We currently expect your Model 3 to be delivered between 6/23 - 6/25 and will reach out to schedule your delivery once your Model 3 is built."
Not built yet - No VIN, but to be delivered to LA ini 2-5 days

I received the same SMS on Sunday about delivery between 6/23 - 6/25. Now I just received an SMS asking if I'd be interested in an inventory car. What?

What exactly is an "inventory car"? Are you at risk of getting a car someone else rejected or one that has been used for test drives or something?

I ordered an inventory car last night. The VIN is 73XXX, so it cannot have been in inventory for very long. It makes me wonder if they are just sending cars to high volume areas to push deliveries these final few days of the quarter

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
I did get a call yesterday night (Saturday) asking if we could pick up a car today (Sunday) but we had to reject as could only take delivery on weekends and it is not possible to get a bank draft on the weekend. From what I could tell, all banks are closed on the weekend during COVID-19... also it seemed way too rushed. My SA said it isn't guaranteed for next weekend as they want cars to be picked up 3 days upon arrival into Vancouver... but he will try his best so I'm fingers crossed for next weekend! Will update lol

I never thought about the banks being closed on the weekends. I have my delivery set for this Sunday and figured I would go get a draft this weekend, it’s a good thing that I read your post or I would have been disappointed, thanks!