Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Just took delivery of my M3...my thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I sit here recovering from my AWESOME sound system, I have a few tips. First, you can use the checklist to make sure your M3 is tip top, however, do not go into the appointment expecting problems. If you notice stuff, fine, but do not fear it right off. Let the inspection determine that. If you have any real issues they should jump out at you and while I saw a very minor problem, it was so minor that I will probably forget about it in a few days. I am not saying that there will be perfect cars every time, but if you go in there after reading some of the threads on here about genuine issues, you may go to your appointment paranoid.

Next, when you get your key cards, if you drive with a spouse or significant other, immediately give them one of the cards if they will ever drive your car. Or, have them install the app. I locked my phone and card in the car and had to figure out how to get in (my wife downloaded the app). Those new to Tesla will want to read that part again. The car will adapt to the driver for the most part but the first few miles when I would take my foot off the pedal, it slowed down fast; this was at speeds below 40mph, at higher speeds it slowed down gradually (but still faster than an ICE).

That sound system is killer. While we were at the appointment, I played music off my phone and at max volume it was nice but I thought it was low. On my drive home I realized I never turned the volume up on my phone and OH. EM. GEE. My driving song was Volbeat's "Warrior's Call" and the base on that was baaaad.

You'll get used to the regenerative braking eventually. You could try to change the setting on that too to see how it suits your driving style. You'll just get less regen out of it. Not a big deal if you're charging at home every night IMO.